Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark
|Prince Constantine Alexios|
|Born||29 October 1998|
Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City, New York, United States
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece|
|Greek royal family|
Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Κωνσταντίνος Αλέξιος; born 29 October 1998) is a member of the Greek royal family, the eldest son and second child of Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece. He is second in line of succession, after his father, to the former throne of Greece. His paternal grandparents are Constantine II and Anne-Marie of Denmark, who were the last King and Queen of the Hellenes.
Constantine Alexios was born on 29 October 1998 at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City. His parents relocated to London in 2004 for their children's education. He was educated at Wellington College in Berkshire and is currently enrolled in Georgetown University in Washington D.C. He is the younger brother of Princess Maria-Olympia and older brother of Prince Achileas-Andreas, Prince Odysseas-Kimon, and Prince Aristidis-Stavros. He is second in line to the former Greek throne after his father.
The prince was christened in a Greek Orthodox ceremony at St. Sophia's Cathedral, London, on 15 April 1999. His godparents are Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark; Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia; Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark; King Felipe VI of Spain; Prince William, Duke of Cambridge; Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden; Princess Alexandra zu Fürstenberg; and Doris Robbs. Three of his godparents are prospective monarchs and one is a reigning king.
In May 2018, Constantine-Alexios attended a gala dinner to celebrate the 50th birthday of his cousin, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark. Constantine-Alexios is currently a student at Georgetown University, along with his cousin Princess Talita von Fürstenberg.
Titles, arms and styles
- 29 October 1998 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Redeemer
On his father's side he is a member of the Greek Royal Family and the Danish Royal Family. Constantine Alexios's patrilineal great-great-grandfather, Constantine I of Greece, was the son of George I of Greece, whose father was Christian IX of Denmark. As a male-line descendant of Christian IX, he holds the title of Prince of Denmark.
His mother is the daughter of American-born British billionaire Robert Warren Miller and his Ecuadorian wife, Marie Chantal Pesantes. Constantine Alexios's maternal grandfather descends from passengers on the Mayflower and is connected to the British North American colonial elite. His family claims to descend from Henry I of England, Louis IV of France, and William I of Scotland.
|Ancestors of Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark|
- "Kate Middleton's sister Pippa is tipped to be chief bridesmaid, but who will join her at the Royal Wedding?". The Telegraph. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "One Elle of a christening". Birmingham Mail. June 8, 2001. Retrieved June 21, 2017 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)).
- MARAH ALINDOGAN (31 October 2018). "Move over Prince Harry – this young royal may steal your 'Most Eligible Bachelor' crown". AOL. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Debrett's Peerage Limited, 2008 Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage University of California Press. ISBN 9781870520805
- "Δες τους κούκλους Έλληνες "πρίγκιπες": Οι εγγονοί του τέως βασιλιά της Ελλάδας Κωνσταντίνου" (in Greek). MAD TV (Greece). 17 June 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Завидный жених: греческий принц Константин-Алексиос отпраздновал 18-летие" (in Russian). Obozrevatel. 2 November 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- "The New Royals". Paper. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- Chris Spargo (24 August 2017). "Royalty on campus! Greek prince and his princess cousin – who is Diane Von Furstenburg's granddaughter – move into dorms at Georgetown to start their freshman year". Daily Mail. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Ainhoa Barcelona (25 August 2017). "Prince William's godson starts university!". Hello!. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Olympia de Grecia triunfa en su debut dentro de la sociedad "royal"" (in Spanish). ABC.es. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Греческий принц Константин-Алексиос: почему юноше прочат популярность принца Гарри" (in Russian). Spletnik Russia. 2 November 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Tom Murray (10 June 2018). "The incredible life of Prince William's Instagram-famous godson, Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece". Business Insider. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece and Denmark". Harper's Bazaar. 1 Apr 2018. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Meet Prince William's Instagram-famous godson, Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece". South China Morning Post. 12 June 2018. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Guest list for the Gala Banquet at Christiansborg Palace, 26 May 2018, on the occasion of HRH The Crown Prince's 50th birthday". Royal House of Denmark.
- MARC KARIMZADEH (13 October 2017). "Is Georgetown the New Brown?". Town & Country. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- Reitwiesner, William; Otto, Julie. "Some ancestry of the Miller sisters". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Archived from the original on 27 March 2007. Retrieved 21 June 2018.