Prince George High School
|Prince George High School|
|7801 Laurel Spring Road
Prince George, Virginia 23875
|School type||Public, high school|
|Founded||1951/1976 (current facility)|
|School district||Prince George County Public Schools|
|Principal||Mr. Mike Nelson|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Virginia High School League
|Rival||Hopewell High School
Petersburg High School
Thomas Dale High School
Prince George High School is the only public high school in Prince George County, Virginia. The school has 1354 students. Prince George High School offers grades 10-12 rather than the traditional 9-12 high school. Construction on the current facility began in 1976 and it opened for the 1977-78 school year. It replaced an earlier facility across the road from it built in the 1950s, that it shares athletic facilities with, that became Prince George Junior High School when the new high school opened, and has since been renamed N.B. Clements Junior High School. When it opened in 1977 it was the first fully air-conditioned school in Prince George County. The building was expanded to add additional classrooms in the mid 1990s.
- Johnny Oates, MLB player and manager
- Larry Brooks, NFL Player
- John M. McBroom, Major General, US Air Force, retired
- Reggie Williams, NBA player
- Jackie Bradley, Jr., MLB Player
- Armour, Mark; Malcolm Allen (May 1, 2012). Pitching, Defense, and Three-Run Homers. University of Nebraska Press. p. 218.
- Vaughan, Jacob (March 7, 2011). "Hard work earns Prince George grad Reggie Williams a place in the NBA". The Progress-Index. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Buckley, Steve (February 26, 2014). "Jackie Bradley Jr. is his own man". Boston Herald. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
|This article about a school in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|