Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
|Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark|
Princess Eugenie as a child
10 February 1910|
Paris, French Third Republic
|Died||13 February 1989
|Spouse||Prince Dominik Radziwiłł
(m. 1938 - div. 1946)
Prince Raimundo, 2nd Duke of Castel Duino
(m. 1949 - div. 1965)
|Issue||Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł
Prince Jerzy Radziwiłł
Prince Carlo Alessandro, 3rd Duke of Castel Duino
|Father||Prince George of Greece and Denmark|
|Mother||Princess Marie Bonaparte of France|
Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Ευγενία της Ελλάδας και Δανίας) (10 February 1910 – 13 February 1989) was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Marie Bonaparte, daughter of Prince Roland Bonaparte. Her father was the second son of George I of Greece and Olga Constantinovna of Russia.
Marriage and issue
- Princess Tatiana Maria Renata Eugenia Elisabeth Margarete Radziwiłł (b. 28 August 1939); married Jean Henri Fruchaud. Tatiana was a bridesmaid at the 1962 wedding of Prince Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark. Tatiana and Jean Henri had two children:
- Fabiola Fruchaud (b. 7 February 1967); married Thierry Herman and had one daughter, Tatiana Herman. Fabiola had one son, Edouard (b. 2007), with Didier Fradin (1959).
- Alexis Fruchaud (b. 25 November 1969); married Natalie Chandler and had one daughter, Thalia Tatiana Eugenie Lily Marie (b. 23 June 2008).
- Prince Jerzy (George) Andrzej Dominik Hieronim Piotr Leon Radziwiłł (4 November 1942 – 27 August 2001)
- Prince Carlo Alessandro, Duke of Castel Duino (b. 10 February 1952); married Veronique Lantz and had issue:
- Prince Dimitri of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1977)
- Prince Maximilian of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1979)
- Princess Constanza of Thurn and Taxis (b. 1989).
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 10 February 1910 – 28 November 1949: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
- 28 November 1949 - 11 May 1965: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie, The Duchess of Castel Duino
- 11 May 1965 - 13 February 1989: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
- House of Glücksburg-Greece: Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Saints Olga and Sophia, 1st Class
- House of Glücksburg-Greece: Dame Commander of the Royal Order of Beneficence
- House of Glücksburg-Greece: Knight of the Royal Decoration of the Greek Royal House, 2nd Class
- United Kingdom: Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal
- Paul Theroff. "Greece". An Online Gotha. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- Brewer-Ward, Daniel A. (also known as Daniel Willis), The House of Habsburg: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Empress Maria Theresia, Clearfield Co., Inc., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, Maryland, 1966, p. 166.
- Princess Eugenie wearing a Greek Royal Order and British Medal