Prince Hashim bin Hussein
|Prince Hashim bin Hussein|
|Born||10 June 1981|
|Spouse||Fahdah Mohammed Abunayyan|
Princess Rayet Al-Noor
Princess Fatima Al-Alia
Prince Hussein Haidara
|Father||Hussein of Jordan|
|Royal family of Jordan|
Prince Hashim bin Hussein (born 10 June 1981) is the younger of the two sons of King Hussein and Queen Noor. In her autobiography, Queen Noor states that Hashim was named after the clan of Hashim (Banu Hashim), a tribe to which the Islamic prophet Muhammad and King Hussein belong. He is in the line of succession to the Jordanian throne.
Early life and education
Prince Hashim was born on 10 June 1981. He received his elementary education in Amman at the Amman Baccalaureate School and then attended the schools of St. Mark's and Fay School in the United States. He later graduated from Maret School in Washington, D.C in 1999. Prince Hashim went to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 2000. He was awarded the Prince Saud Bin Abdullah Prize, presented to the cadet with the highest aggregate mark. After graduating from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, he attended Duke University, later transferring to Georgetown University. In August 2005, the prince obtained an undergraduate degree in Comparative Studies from Georgetown University's Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. He later graduated in Quran studies at Balqa Applied University in Jordan on 5 September 2006. While serving as a Captain in the Jordanian Armed Forces 3rd Royal Ranger Battalion, the prince attended several military and security courses.
Marriage and family
On 6 January 2006, Prince Hashim was engaged to Fahdah Mohammed Abunayyan from Saudi Arabia, and they married on 15 April 2006. The bride's father is Mohammad bin Ibrahim Abunayyan and her maternal grandfather is Prince Turki bin Khaled bin Ahmed Al Sudairi, head of the Saudi Human Rights Commission.
The Hashemite Royal Court announced that Prince Hashim and Princess Fahdah had their first daughter, Princess Haalah bin Hashim, born on 6 April 2007 in Amman, Jordan. The Royal Court announced that the couple had their second daughter, Princess Rayet Al-Noor bin Hashim, born on 4 July 2008. The couple had a third daughter, Princess Fatima Al-Alia bin Hashim, on 5 November 2011. The Royal Court announced that the Prince and Princess had their first son, Prince Hussein Haidara bin Hashim, on 15 June 2015.
Title, style and honours
- 10 June 1981 – Present: His Royal Highness Prince Hashim bin Hussein of Jordan
- Jordan: Knight Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Renaissance, Special Class
- Jordan: Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of Jordan
- Jordan: Knight Grand Cordon of the Order of Independence
- Jordan: Knight of the Order of Military Merit
- Jordan: Recipient of the Al-Hussein Medal of Excellence, 1st Class
- Jordan: Recipient of the Administrative & Leadership Competence Medal
- Jordan: Recipient of the Administrative & Technical Competence Medal
- Jordan: Recipient of the Administrative & Training Competence Medal
|Ancestors of Prince Hashim bin Hussein|
- "Prince Hashem celebrates birthday". The Jordan Times. Amman. 9 June 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "index". 4dw.net. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 July 2008. Retrieved 4 July 2008.
- "Wearing some of his national honours" (JPG). 3.bp.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Prince Hashim in Air Force uniform wearing his honour Ribbon bars" (JPG). Scoopempire.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Photographic image" (JPG). Media.gettyimages.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Prince Hashim in uniform wearing honours" (JPG). Media.gettyimages.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Photographic image" (JPG). S02.imageupper.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
Prince Hamzah bin Al Hussein
|Line of succession to the Jordanian throne
Prince Hussein bin Hashim