Prince Ital Joe
|Prince Ital Joe|
|Birth name||Joe Paquette|
May 5, 1963|
May 16, 2001 (aged 38)|
|Labels||Ultraphonic Records, Death Row Records, Interscope Records|
|Associated acts||Marky Mark, Makaveli, Tha Dogg Pound, The Outlawz, Bad Azz, Thug Life|
Joe Paquette (May 5, 1963 – May 16, 2001), better known by his stage name Prince Ital Joe, was a Dominican American reggae recording artist best known for his collaborations with Marky Mark. Prince Ital Joe also did some acting, appearing in the Steven Seagal film, Marked for Death and in the TV series, EZ Streets and Players.
Life and career
Prince Ital Joe was born in the Commonwealth of Dominica, and moved to Brooklyn, New York at the age of 13 with his parents in 1976. After completing high school, Joe moved to California to pursue his dreams of acting and entertainment. Before getting into the music business, Joe worked for over ten years performing at private Hollywood parties and clubs and From 1988 to 1990 as a concert promotor in the Caribbean for acts like Ziggy Marley. In 1993, he teamed up with rapper Marky Mark and released two albums 1994's Life in the Streets and 1995's The Remix Album. After The Remix album, the duo split up with Joe signing on Suge Knight and Dr. Dre's Death Row Records label, appearing on Tha Dogg Pound's Dogg Food, Makaveli's The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory and Daz Dillinger's Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back, however, he never released an album for the label. He remained in the music business until his death. He married Paulina Paquette and had a daughter, Princess Nashida Paquette.
- Prince Ital Joe and Marky Mark
- Life in the Streets (1994)
- The Remix Album (1995)
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|1993||"Happy People"||23||—||—||8||4||—||22||24||22||Life in the Streets|
|1994||"Life in the Streets"||—||—||—||8||11||—||5||36||58|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart.|
- Billboard Article
- International peaks
- Belgian peak Archived 2012-04-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Danish peak
- Pennanen, Timo (2006). Sisältää hitin - levyt ja esittäjät Suomen musiikkilistoilla vuodesta 1972 (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 978-951-1-21053-5.
- German peaks
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 563. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Prince Ital Joe)" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2011-06-09.