|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Grand Prince Jinan
Geumya, Kingdom of Goryeo
|Died||15 January 1394
Hamheung, Kingdom of Joseon
|Father||Taejo of Joseon|
|Korean Royal Title|
|Revised Romanization||Jin-an Daegun|
He became the general secretary of the last king of Goryeo dynasty. In year 1388, his father, King Taejo, overthrew Goryeo dynasty. After witnessing this incident, he went to Bogae mountain in Chelwon to retire. Later on, he went to Hamheung, which is located in present-day North Korea; there, he died at the age of 40.
In 1392, when King Taejo was giving out titles, his first son became as known as Grand Prince Jinan.
In the annals of Joseon dynasty, it describes Grand Prince Jinan as a man who liked alcoholic beverages, and states that he drank copious amount until he died. However, according to a memorial stone of Grand Prince Jinan, which was made in 1789, "Grand Prince Jinan was an exemplary son to his parent, who took good care of his brother and sisters. When he grew older, he minded in literature and practiced humble life style and did not fancy wealth nor authority.”
- Father: King Taejo of Joseon (27 October 1335 – 18 June 1408) (조선 태조)
- Mother: Queen Shinui of the Anbyeon Han clan (September 1337 - 21 October 1391) (신의왕후 한씨)
- Grandfather: Han Gyeong (한경)
- Grandmother: Lady Shin of the Saknyeong Shin clan (삭녕 신씨)
- Consorts and their Respective Issue(s):
- Grand Princess Consort Samhanguk of the Chungju Ji clan (삼한국대부인 지씨)
- Yi Bok-geun, Prince Bongnyeong (? - 3 November 1421) (이복근 봉녕군)
- Princess Hansan (한산군주)
- Unnamed concubine
- Yi Deok-geun, Prince Sunnyeong (? - 25 April 1412) (이덕근 순녕군)
In Popular culture
- Portrayed by Tae Min-yeong in the 1983 KBS TV series The Foundation.
- Portrayed by Jeon In-taek in the 1983 MBC TV series The King of Chudong Palace.
- Portrayed by Im Jeong-ha in the 1996-1998 KBS TV series Tears of the Dragon.
- Portrayed by Jeong Chan-hu in the 2012-2013 SBS TV series The Great Seer.
- Portrayed by Kang In-ki in the 2014 KBS1 TV series Jeong Do-Jeon.
- Portrayed by Lee Seung-hyo in the 2015-2016 SBS TV series Six Flying Dragons.
- Also known as "Princess Gyeonghye" (경혜옹주).
- The information in this article is based on that in its Korean equivalent.