Prince Karl Borromäus of Liechtenstein
|Prince Karl Borromäus|
29 September 1730|
|Died||21 February 1789
|Spouse||Princess Maria Eleonore of Oettingen-Spielberg|
|Father||Emanuel, Prince of Liechtenstein|
|Mother||Countess Maria Anna of Dietrichstein-Weichselstädt|
Prince Karl (Karl Borromäus) Michael Joseph of Liechtenstein (Vienna, 29 September 1730 – Vienna, 21 February 1789) was the second son of Emanuel, Prince of Liechtenstein (1700–1771) and Maria Anna Antonia, Countess of Dietrichstein-Weichselstädt, Baroness of Hollenburg and Finkenstein, and younger brother of Franz Joseph I, Prince of Liechtenstein.
They had seven children:
- Princess Maria Josepha Eleonore Nicolaus (Vienna, 4 December 1763 - Vienna, 23 September 1833), married in Vienna on 29 January 1782 Johann Nepomuck Graf von Harrach zu Rohrau und Thannhausen (Vienna, 17 May 1756 - Vienna, 11 April 1829), without issue.
- Prince Karl Joseph Emanuel Albinus (Vienna, 2 March 1765 - killed in duel in Vienna, 24 December 1795), married in Vienna on 28 September 1789 Marianne Josepha Gräfin von Khevenhüller-Metsch (Vienna, 19 November 1770 - Vienna, 10 August 1849), and had issue:
- Prince Joseph Wenzel Franz Anastasius (Vienna, 21 August 1767 - Vienna, 30 July 1842), a Priest in Salzburg.
- Prince Emanuel Joseph Kaspar Melchior Balthasar (Vienna, 6 January 1770 - Vienna, 20 February 1773).
- Prince Moritz Joseph Johann Baptist Viktor (Vienna, 21 July 1775 - Vienna, 24 March 1819), married in Eisenstadt on 13 April 1806 Marie Leopoldine Prinzessin Esterházy von Galántha (Vienna, 31 January 1788 - Liebeschitz, 6 September 1746), and had issue:
- Prince Franz de Paula Joseph Aloys Crispin (Vienna, 26 October 1776 - of wounds received in battle on 23 June in Brussels, 27 June 1794), unmarried and without issue.
- Prince Aloys Gonzaga Joseph Franz de Paula Theodor (Vienna, 1 April 1780 - Prague, 4 November 1833), unmarried and without issue.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ancestors of Prince Karl Borromäus of Liechtenstein|
- Theroff, Paul. "Countly House of Harrach of Rohrau and Thannhausen". www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/ (Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site).[self-published source][better source needed]
- Theroff, Paul. "Princely House of Khevenhüller-Metsch". www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/ (Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site).[self-published source][better source needed]
- Theroff, Paul. "Princely and Countly House of Esterházy de Galántha". www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/ (Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site).[self-published source][better source needed]