Prince Michael of Yugoslavia
|Prince Michael of Yugoslavia|
|Born||18 June 1958|
Boulogne-Billancourt, Hauts-de-Seine, France
|Father||Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia|
|Mother||Princess Maria Pia of Savoy|
|Yugoslavia royal family|
Prince Michael of Yugoslavia, (French: Michel de Yougoslavie, Michael Nicolas Paul George Maria, born 18 June 1958) is an investment executive, socialite and philanthropist. He was formerly a real estate broker. Prince Michael is a member of the House of Karađorđević and a Prince of Yugoslavia as a patrilineal descendant of Alexander Karađorđević, Prince of Serbia.
Early life and education
Michael, along with his twin brother, Dimitri, were born on 18 June 1958 and are the eldest sons of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and his wife, Princess Maria Pia of Savoy. Alexander and Maria Pia had a second set of twins, Sergius and Helene, in 1963. Michael has a younger half-brother, Dušan, from his father's second marriage to Princess Barbara of Liechtenstein.
Michael currently works for Diligence, a global business intelligence company, as a senior advisor to the Geneva office of the firm.
Philanthropy and charity work
As of 2010, Michael serves on the board of directors of Visionary Alternatives, Inc., a charity that discovers and funds aggressive alternative medical therapies for critically ill patients. On June 19, 2015, he organized in Monte Carlo a charity dinner to support the Make a WISH project of the Serbian Embassy of the Sovereign Order of Malta.
Titles, styles and honours
|Reference style||His Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
Titles and styles
- 18 June 1958 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Yugoslavia
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ancestors of Prince Michael of Yugoslavia|
- Plunket, Robert (13 November 1994), "Palm Bech On Wry", The New York Times, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Visionary Alternatives, Inc. "BOARD OF DIRECTORS & ADVISORS". Visionary Alternatives, Inc. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2010-08-04.
- Pierce, Andrew (6 February 2009), "Prince Charles targeted by Madoff fund", The Daily Telegraph, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Sandler, Linda (6 February 2009), "U.K.'s Prince Charles Targeted by Madoff Marketer, Witness Says", Bloomberg L.P., retrieved 2010-08-04
- Palmer, Richard (7 February 2009), "Charles on Madoff scam list", Daily Express, retrieved 2010-08-04
- Gendar, Alison; Feiden, Douglas (24 December 2008), "Hedge fund founder Thierry de la Villehuchet kills self after losing $1B in Madoff scandal", Daily News, retrieved 2010-08-04
- "Palm Beach On Wry". NewYorkTimes, Robert Plunket, November 13, 1994.
- Order of the Crown