Kubrat, Prince of Panagyurishte
Kubrat, Prince of Panagyurishte, Duke of Saxony (born 5 November 1965, Madrid, Spain), known by his civilian name as Kubrat de Sajonia-Coburgo-Gotha y Gómez-Acebo (in Spain) or Kubrat Sakskoburggotski (in Bulgaria), is a Spanish surgeon and member of the former Bulgarian Royal Family. He is the third son of the exiled Tsar Simeon II of Bulgaria and his wife Doña Margarita Gómez-Acebo y Cejuela.
Education and career
After completing his primary and secondary education at the Lycée Français in Madrid, Kubrat studied between 1984 and 1990 at the University of Navarra in Pamplona, where he obtained a Licentiate in Medicine and Surgery. After his graduation, he worked for five years as a resident physician at Puerta de Hierro Clinic in Madrid, where he made his expertise as a general surgeon. Subsequently he worked for a year at the St. Mark's Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital and further specialized as a surgeon in proctology. Kubrat worked between 1997 and 2003 as a colorectal surgeon at the Ruber International Clinic in Madrid and was in charge of the Ambulatory Surgery Unit. Since September 2003, he became Head of the Colorectal Unit at the San Camillo Hospital in Madrid, where he also acts as Director of the Team Care Management since June 2006. He was director of Shared Medical Systems between 1999 and 2000, and is currently also part of the advisory board of Tokuda Hospital (Sofia, Bulgaria) and a Consultant for Mensor Health Care, S.L in Madrid.
Marriage and issue
Kubrat married on 2 July 1993 at the Monastery of la Encarnación, Madrid with Doña Carla María de la Soledad Royo-Villanova y Urrestarazu, daughter of Jaime Royo-Villanova y Paya and wife María del Carmen Urrestarazu y Ozueta. Together they have three sons: Mirko (b. 26 April 1995), Lukás (b. 15 July 1997), and Tirso (b. 3 June 2002).
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and style
- 5 November 1965 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Kubrat of Bulgaria, The Prince of Panagyurishte, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Saxony 
- Kubrat Sajonia-Coburgo (his civilian name in Spain)
- Kubrat Sakskoburggotski (his name used in Bulgaria)
Kubrat is shortly styled as HRH The Prince of Panagyurishte.
- Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece (Austrian branch) (2002)
- Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (27 October 2010)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St. Alexander.
||This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ancestors of Kubrat, Prince of Panagyurishte|
- Biography HRH Prince Kubrat of Panagyurishte – Official website of H.M. King Simeon II
- Doctor Sajonia-Coburgo – The medical website of the prince
- Profile Kubrat of Bulgaria, Prince of Bulgaria – website thePeerage.com
- Margarita Gomez-Acebo and her son Kubrat, members of the Order of Malta – Spanish News website Que.es (in Spanish)
Kubrat, Prince of Panagyurishte
Cadet branch of the House of WettinBorn: 5 November 1965
|New title||Prince of Panagyurishte
Prince Tassilo of Bulgaria
|Line of succession to the Bulgarian throne
Prince Mirko of Bulgaria