Prince Nikolai of Denmark
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (Nikolai William Alexander Frederik; born 28 August 1999), is a member of the Danish Royal Family. He is the elder son of Prince Joachim and his first wife, Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg. As of 2016[update], Prince Nikolai is seventh in the line of succession to the Danish throne. At the time of his birth, he was third, after his uncle and father.
Prince Nikolai was born at Rigshospitalet (Copenhagen University Hospital) on 28 August 1999. Prince Nikolai is the oldest grandchild of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and her husband, Prince Henrik. In addition, the prince is of Chinese descent, as his mother is a great-granddaughter of Mary Ho Li from Guangdong, China.  He was christened in chapel of Fredensborg Palace on 6 November 1999 by the royal vicar Christian Thodberg. At the christening the musical work Lys på din vej composed by Frederik Magle, dedicated to Prince Nikolai, was performed for the first time.
After their divorce, Prince Joachim and Alexandra have joint custody of Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.
As his father and uncle, Nikolai attended Krebs School in Copenhagen. In 2014, he took 10th grade at Herlufsholm School at Næstved and is expected to take his upper secondary education there as well.[self-published source]
Titles and styles
Nikolai is styled as "His Highness Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Count of Monpezat". He has been Prince of Denmark since birth and Count of Monpezat since 29 April 2008, when Queen Margrethe granted the title to her male-line descendants.
Honours and decorations
||This section about a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 11 June 2009: Commemorative 75th Birthday Medal of His Royal Highness The Prince Consort
- 16 April 2010: Commemorative 70th Birthday Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- 14 January 2012: Commemorative Ruby Jubilee Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- 16 April 2015: Commemorative 75th Birthday Medal of Her Majesty The Queen
- Danmarks Radio, Bonanza. "Barnedåb - Prins Nikolai" (in Danish). Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "New schools". Scandinavian Royals blog.
- "Prins Nikolais konfirmationsdato er på plads" (in Danish). Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "His Highness Prince Nikolai". Danish Royal Court. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
|Ancestors of Prince Nikolai of Denmark|
Prince Nikolai of DenmarkBorn: 28 August 1999
|Lines of succession|
Prince Joachim of Denmark
|Line of succession to the Danish throne
Prince Felix of Denmark
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Arthur, son of Victoria