Prince Nikolai of Denmark
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (Nikolai William Alexander Frederik; born 28 August 1999), is a member of the Danish Royal Family. He is the elder son of Prince Joachim and his first wife, Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg. As of 2016[update], Prince Nikolai is seventh in the line of succession to the Danish throne. At the time of his birth, he was third, after his uncle and father.
Prince Nikolai was born at Rigshospitalet, the Copenhagen University Hospital, in Copenhagen on 28 August 1999. Prince Nikolai is the eldest grandchild of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and her husband, Prince Henrik. In addition, the prince is of Chinese descent, as he is a great-great-grandson of Mary Ho Li from Guangdong, China. He was christened in the chapel of the Fredensborg Palace on 6 November 1999 by the royal vicar Christian Thodberg. At the christening the musical work Lys på din vej, composed by Frederik Magle and dedicated to Prince Nikolai, was performed for the first time.
After their divorce, Prince Joachim and Alexandra have joint custody of Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.
Like his father and uncle, Nikolai attended Krebs School in Copenhagen. In 2014, he attended 10th grade in Herlufsholm School at Næstved and is currently receiving his upper secondary education there as well.
Titles and styles
Nikolai is styled as "His Highness Prince Nikolai of Denmark, Count of Monpezat". He has been Prince of Denmark since birth and Count of Monpezat since 29 April 2008, when Queen Margrethe granted the title to her male-line descendants.
|Ancestors of Prince Nikolai of Denmark|
- Danmarks Radio, Bonanza. "Barnedåb - Prins Nikolai" (in Danish). Archived from the original on 24 April 2011. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Prins Nikolai skal på kostskole". TV2.dk (in Danish). 17 June 2014.
- "H.H. Prins Nikolais konfirmation". Website of the Danish Royal House (in Danish). 18 May 2013.
- "His Highness Prince Nikolai". Danish Royal Court. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Frances Blanche Madar – NobleCircles Genealogy. 2001-2017.
- Christa Maria Nowotny – NobleCircles Genealogy. 2001-2017.
Prince Nikolai of DenmarkBorn: 28 August 1999
|Lines of succession|
Prince Joachim of Denmark
|Line of succession to the Danish throne
Prince Felix of Denmark
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Arthur, son of Victoria