Prince Philip of Yugoslavia
|Prince Philip of Yugoslavia|
15 January 1982|
Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.
Danica Marinković (m. 2017)
|Father||Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia|
|Mother||Princess Maria da Gloria, Duchess of Segorbe|
He is the son of the last crown prince of the former Kingdom of Yugoslavia, Alexander, and Princess Maria da Gloria. He is the fraternal twin of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia. He is the second in the line to the former throne after his elder brother, Hereditary Prince Peter. His godparents are Queen Sofía of Spain, King Constantine II of Greece (both first cousins of his paternal grandmother), and Princess Anne, Duchess of Calabria (first cousin of his mother).
Philip lived in Virginia until 1984. Together with his twin brother, he was educated in London and Canterbury. In June 2000 he completed sixth form at The King's School, Canterbury. He was awarded a BA from University College London at the completion of his university studies. Philip is now working for a foreign financial institution in the City of London.
Marriage and issue
On 24 July 2017 his engagement to Danica Marinković was announced. Danica Marinković (born in Belgrade in 1986), is a graphic designer, and the daughter of Milan "Cile" Marinković (b. 1947 in Belgrade), a respected impressionist painter, by his wife, Zorica "Beba". Danica is officially a citizen of France and, like Prince Philip, studied in the United Kingdom, graduating from the Chelsea College of Arts in London before embarking on a successful career as a designer.
Prince Philip married Danica Marinković on 7 October 2017 at the Cathedral Church of Saint Michael the Archangel in Belgrade, Serbia. Their witnesses were Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden and Peter, Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia. His two godmothers, Queen Sofía of Spain and Princess Anne, Duchess of Calabria attended the wedding.
Princess Danica gave birth to their son Stefan in Belgrade on 25 February 2018 at 10:30 am. Stefan is the first male child born to the royal family in Serbia for 90 years, the last such birth being that of Prince Tomislav in Belgrade in 1928.
- Royal Family of Serbia
- "THE ROYAL PALACE". The Royal Family of Serbia. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- Reitwiesner, William Addams. "Persons eligible to succeed to the British Throne as of 1 Jan 2001". Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- The royal family of Serbia. "His royal highness prince Philip engaged". Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- Future Princess Danica Promoting Serbia.
- Graphic designer set to marry dashing Serbian prince flaunts her very high-end wardrobe and sun-kissed holidays on Instagram (and she's already rubbed shoulders with Prince Charles)
- Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philip and Princess Danica welcome their first child, a son Stefan
Prince Philip of YugoslaviaBorn: 15 January 1982
|Lines of succession|
Prince Peter of Yugoslavia
| Line of succession to the Yugoslavian throne
| Line of succession to the British throne|
descended from Alfred, son of Victoria