|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Members||Taraka Larson, Nimai Larson, Ryan Sciaino|
Discovered by Animal Collective's Avey Tare in a Texas dive bar in 2010, the band signed to Paw Tracks shortly thereafter, and have since released Shadow Temple and Trust Now, which peaked at #3 and #6 on the Billboard New Age Charts respectively.
In four years, Prince Rama have released six albums and toured in four of the seven continents, recording with members of Animal Collective and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. Taraka recently published a manifesto on "Now Age" that puts forth Prince Rama’s aesthetic and metaphysical philosophies.
Nimai Larson is a regular contributor to food and music publications and has done cooking demos in Detroit, MI, Melbourne Australia, Washington, DC, and New York City. Real Food Real Kitchens asked her to contribute a recipe for their newest cookbook New York Cookbook.
- Taraka Larson: lead vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, synthesizer, keyboard (2008–present)
- Nimai Larson: drums, drum machine, percussion, vocals (2008–present)
- Ryan Sciaino - guitar, synthesizer
Taraka graduated from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA in 2009 and Nimai studied Visual Art and Art History at St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas.
- 2008 - Threshold Dances (Cosmos Records, UK)
- 2009 - Zetland (Self-Released)
- 2010 - Architecture Of Utopia (Animal Image Search)
- 2010 - Shadow Temple (Paw Tracks)
- 2011 - Trust Now (Paw Tracks)
- 2012 - Utopia = No Person (Not Not Fun)
- 2012 - Top Ten Hits of the End of the World (Paw Tracks)
- 2016 - Xtreme Now (Carpark Records)