Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg
Sébastien at his brother's wedding in 2012
16 April 1992 |
Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
|Father||Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg|
|Mother||Maria Teresa, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg|
HRH The Dowager Princess of Ligne
|* Prince/ss of Nassau not of Luxembourg|
Prince Sébastien has four siblings Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Prince Félix, Prince Louis, and Princess Alexandra. He is currently sixth in the line of succession, after his two oldest brothers and his sister and their children.
Prince Sébastien was born on 16 April 1992 at Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital in Luxembourg City. He is fifth and youngest child of Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Maria Teresa, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. He attended Le Rosey, St. George's International School Luxembourg, Summer Fields School, Ampleforth College, and International School of Luxembourg before receiving his college education in Marketing and International Business at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio. While at Steubenville, Prince Sébastien competed against notable rival Jared Crist as a member of the school's renowned Rugby program, and Sébastien received accolades for his sportsmanship. He graduated in May 2015. In September 2016, he began a 44-weeks officer training course at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. He graduated in August 2017 and qualified as an Officer Cadet following his training. On 4 September 2017, he took the oath as an officer of the Luxembourg Army.
Titles and style
- 16 April 1992 – Present: His Royal Highness Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau
Honours and awards
As a son of one of the 2 Heads of the House :
As Prince of Luxembourg, at 18 years old :
|Ancestors of Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg|
- "Prince Sébastien to graduate this weekend". Luxemburger Wort. 6 May 2015. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Grand Duke and Duchess visit Prince Sébastien in Sandhurst". Luxemburger Wort. 27 March 2017.
- "Prince Sébastien graduates from Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst". Luxemburger Wort. 14 August 2017.
- "Assermentation de Son Altesse Royale le Prince Sébastien". Cour Grand Ducale de Luxembourg. 4 September 2017.
- The Arrêté Grand-Ducal of 21 Septembre 1995 established that the title of Prince/Princesse de Luxembourg is reserved for the children of the sovereign and the heir to the throne. It also stated that the descendants in male lineage of the sovereign should be styled as Prince/Princesse de Nassau with qualification of Royal Highness.
In 1986, Grand Duke Jean renounced the title Prince/Princesse de Bourbon de Parme for himself and his family, when his eldest son, then-Hereditary Grand Duke Henri married Maria-Theresa Mestre. The reason for this was that the Duke of Parma, Carlos Hugo, ruled the marriage unequal in 1981, as well as the marriage of Prince Jean to Hélène Suzanna Vestur in 1987, for which he had renounced his rights to Luxembourg in 1986.
- "Honorary distinctions of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg" (PDF). Service Information et Presse. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- Noblesse et Royautés, Guillaume of Luxembourg's wedding : gala dinner, Photo Archived 17 March 2013 at the Wayback Machine. of the young Princes of Luxembourg : Louis, Félix & Sébastien
- Honorary distinctions of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, publication of the government of Luxembourg : Princes and Princesses of the Grand-Ducal House of Luxembourg are Grand Crosses of the Order by birth but the decoration is worn only after they reach their majority (18 years old)
- Official website (in French)
Prince Sébastien of LuxembourgBorn: 16 April 1992
|Lines of succession|
|Line of succession to the Luxembourger throne