Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
|Prince Sverre Magnus|
|Born||3 December 2005|
The National Hospital, Oslo, Norway
|Father||Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway|
|Mother||Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby|
|Norwegian royal family|
HH Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway (born 3 December 2005) is the younger child of Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit and third in line to succeed his grandfather King Harald V, after his father and elder sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra.
Birth and education
Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at The National Hospital the Oslo University Hospital in Oslo, where his sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra had been born a year earlier. He was baptised by Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme at the chapel of the Royal Palace in Oslo on 4 March 2006.
Beginning 18 August 2011, Sverre Magnus attended Jansløkka elementary school, a local state school attended by his sister and half-brother. On 17 June 2014, the Norwegian Royal Family notified the public that from the start of the 2014-2015 school year, Sverre Magnus would transfer to Oslo's private Montessori school. His sister, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, was to transfer to the also private English-language Oslo International School.
Sverre Magnus is third in the line of succession to the Norwegian throne following his sister. He is a member of the Royal Family but not of the Royal House, which consists only of his grandparents, parents and sister. As descendants of the British King Edward VII's daughter Maud, members of the Norwegian royal family are also in the line of succession to the British throne; Sverre Magnus precedes his sister in the British line due to male-preference cognatic primogeniture for those born before 2011.
- Harald V's Silver Jubilee Medal 
Title and style
- "His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus - Biography". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at Rikshospitalet University Hospital in Oslo. The Prince is third in line of succession to the throne.
- "Her Royal Highness The Princess". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- His godparents are his paternal grandmother, the Queen of Norway; Queen Máxima of the Netherlands; the Crown Prince of Greece; Princess Rosario of Bulgaria; his maternal uncle Espen Høiby; and his parents' friends, Bjørn Steinsland and Marianne Gjellestad.
- Svarstad, Jørgen; Hagesæther, Pål Vegard (17 June 2014). "Kronprins-barna på private skoler". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Order of succession". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court.
- "His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
Third in line for the Norwegian throne after his sister, Princess Ingrid Alexandra.
- "The Royal Family". www.royalcourt.no. Norwegian Royal Court.
- Reynolds, Roger (1982). Who's who in the royal family: the first one hundred and fifty in line of succession to the British throne. Proteus Pub. Co. ISBN 0862760194.
- Hamilton, Alan (1986). The Royal 100: a who's who of the first 100 people in line of succession to the British throne. Pavilion. ISBN 0907516939.
- Kidd, Charles; Shaw, Christine (2008). Debrett's Peerage & Baronetage 2008. Debrett's Peerage Limited. ISBN 1870520807.
- "Jubileumsmedalje". Royal Court.
Prince Sverre Magnus of NorwayBorn: 3 December 2005
|Lines of succession|
Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
| Line of succession to the Norwegian throne
Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
The Crown Prince of Norway
| Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Maud, daughter of Edward VII
Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway