Prince Waldemar of Schaumburg-Lippe
Prince Waldemar Stephen of Schaumburg-Lippe (Waldemar Stephan Ferdinand Wolrad Friedrich Karl, b. 19 December 1940 in Glienicke) is a son of Prince Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe and Princess Feodora of Denmark, and the great-grandson of King Frederick VIII of Denmark.
Family and life
His first marriage was to Anne-Lise Johansen, on 10 September 1977, Queen Margrethe's court photographer, whom he divorced. They had one child:
- Princess Eleonore-Christine Eugenie Benita Feodora Maria of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 22 December 1978 at Hørsholm, Denmark)
His second marriage was with Karin Grundmann in 2001, whom he divorced in 2002. And in 2002 he married Ruth Schneidewind, whom he divorced in 2003.
Prince Waldemar's fourth marriage was with Gertraud-Antonia Wagner-Schöppl on 20 September 2008 in Schönbrunn Palace, Vienna. He adopted the adult son of his wife:
- Mag. iur. Dr. iur, Mario-Max Oliver Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe, MAS, LL. M. . Né Mario-Helmut Wagner (b. 23 December 1977 to the former husband, Dr. Helmut Wagner, MD).
Mario-Max appeared on the Dutch television programme Coming to Holland: Prins zoekt vrouw in 2010. Since 2010 he has hosted Astro Royal News for Astro TV in their talk show Leichter Leben. He has appeared on the US television show Millionaire Matchmaker in 2011. In 2015 he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Live on ABC. Since 2016 he has been working for Burda Studios, of Hubert Burda Media, as a journalist. In 2016 he received the Golden Halo Award by the Southern California Motion Picture Council. In 2016, he appeared on VH1's Reality TV show, K. Michelle: My Life.
Titles and styles
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Mario-Max was baptised with the name of Mario-Helmut Wagner. Due to his adoption by Prince Waldemar he obtained the surname Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe. Mario-Max legally changed his given names to Mario Max Prince Antonius Adolf Albert Eduard Oliver Gertraud Edith Helga Magdalena. See: Lundy, Darryl. "p. 16733 § 167327 : Dr. Mario-Max Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Instagram[unreliable source]
- "PRINCE MARIO-MAX SCHAUMBURG-LIPPE NEW SHOWS with BURDA STUDIOS – Prince Mario-Max Schaumburg-Lippe of Germany, H.H. Prince Waldemar & H.H. Dr. Princess Antonia". schaumburglippe.org. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels (Limburg: C.A. Starke, 1951-present) Fürstliche Häuser 14:197
- "Persons eligible to succeed to the British Throne as of 1 Jan 2011". Wargs.com. 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
|Reference style||His Serene Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Serene Highness|
- Statement issued by the Head of the Schaumburg-Lippe family about the marriage between Prince Waldemar of Schaumburg-Lippe and Gertraud-Antonia Wagner-Schöppl, 19.09.2008 - website Schloss Bueckeburg (in German)
- Lundy, Darryl. "Valdemar Stephen Ferdinand Volrad Friedrich Karl Prinz zu Schaumburg-Lippe". The Peerage.
Prince Waldemar of Schaumburg-LippeBorn: 19 December 1940
|Line of succession to the British Throne||Succeeded by|
Princess Eleonore of Schaumburg-Lippe