Prince William of Hesse-Kassel
|William of Hesse-Kassel|
|Prince and Landgrave|
|Born||24 December 1787|
|Died||September 5, 1867(aged 79)|
|Spouse||Princess Louise Charlotte of Denmark|
Karoline Friederike Marie of Hesse-Kassel|
Marie Luise Charlotte
Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel
Louise, Queen of Denmark
Auguste Sophie Friederike of Hesse-Kassel
Sophie Wilhelmine of Hesse-Kassel
|House||House of Hesse-Kassel|
|Father||Prince Frederick of Hesse-Kassel|
|Mother||Princess Caroline of Nassau-Usingen|
Marriage and children
On 10 November 1810, William was married in Amalienborg Palace to Princess Louise Charlotte of Denmark (1789–1864) daughter of Hereditary Prince Frederick of Denmark and Norway (1753–1805) and Sophia Frederica of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1758–1794).
Children of marriage:
- Karoline Friederike Marie of Hesse-Kassel (15 August 1811 - 10 May 1829).
- Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel (9 May 1814 - 28 July 1895). Married Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau.
- Louise of Hesse-Kassel (7 September 1817- 29 September 1898). Married King Christian IX of Denmark.
- Friedrich Wilhelm (26 November 1820 - 14 October 1884). Head of House of Hesse-Kassel. Married first Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaievna of Russia, a daughter of Nicholas I of Russia and Charlotte of Prussia, and second Anna of Prussia.
- Auguste Sophie Friederike of Hesse-Kassel (30 October 1823 - 17 July 1899). Married Baron Carl Frederik von Blixen-Finecke, Lord of Näsbyholm.
- Sophie Wilhelmine of Hesse-Kassel (18 January - 20 December 1827).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Landgrave William of Hesse-Kassel.|