Prince's Half-Tide Dock
|Prince's Half-Tide Dock|
Prince's Half-Tide Dock and dockside apartments
|Location||Vauxhall, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom|
|Owner||The Peel Group|
|Operator||Mersey Docks and Harbour Company|
Prince's Half-Tide Dock on the River Mersey, England, is a half tide dock and part of the Port of Liverpool. It is situated in the northern dock system in Vauxhall, connected to East Waterloo Dock and West Waterloo Dock to the north and Prince's Dock to the south.
In 2007, work began on a £20 million extension of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, providing a further 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of navigable waterway and encompassing Prince's Half-Tide Dock. A new lock, and fixed bridge, was built at the entrance to the adjoining Prince's Dock. The dock was partly filled in to reduce its depth.
Prince's Half-Tide Dock is the proposed location of the new £3.5 million Isle of Man ferry terminal, which will replace the existing facility at Pier Head, which is "nearing the end of its operational life" according to the report placed before Tynwald (the Isle of Man parliament). The proposals were discussed before Tynwald on 19th July 2016.
- "Liverpool Canal Link Skipper's Guide 2016" (PDF). Canal & River Trust. p. 3. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Pollard & Pevsner 2006, p. 278
- "Liverpool Canal Link: The Scheme". British Waterways. Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2008.
- "Liverpool Canal Link: (Section 3) Princes Dock". British Waterways. Retrieved 6 April 2008.[dead link]
- Leeds and Liverpool Canal - Liverpool Canal Link (Page 2), Pennine Waterways, archived from the original on 20 July 2008, retrieved 6 April 2008
- Houghton, Alistair (1 January 2017). "What's actually happening at Liverpool Waters?". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Approval sought for £3.5m purchase of Liverpool ferry terminal". BBC News. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Pollard, Richard; Pevsner, Nikolaus (2006). Lancashire: Liverpool and the South West. Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300109108. OCLC 63396571.