Princes et Princesses
|Princes et Princesses|
French film poster.
|Directed by||Michel Ocelot|
|Produced by||Didier Brunner|
|Written by||Michel Ocelot|
|Music by||Christian Maire|
|Edited by||Anita Vilfrid|
|Distributed by||Gébéka films (France)|
|Box office||$43,379 (United States)|
Produced in 1999 by Les Armateurs and released to French cinemas on 26 January 2000, Princes et princesses became Ocelot's second feature film (following 1998's Kirikou and the Sorceress). The feature version comprises slightly edited versions of 6 of the 8 12-minute episodes, with the addition of a 1-minute intermission at the half-way point. In Japan, it was distributed on DVD-Video with the co-operation of Studio Ghibli, initially in the Ghibli Cinema Library and re-released under the Ghibli Museum Library label. The film won both the adult and children's jury awards at the Chicago International Children's Film Festival.
As of November 2010, there are no known plans to release Princes et princesses in the United Kingdom or Australia. It has seen home video releases in the United States and earlier in Canada, however, where it is only available as the second disc of a Kirikou and the Sorceress two-DVD set. Both discs have English subtitles, though only for the main feature on each. Also, there is no DVD which uses the full, original, 1.5:1 aspect ratio; they are optimised for either 4:3 or 16:9 screens and playing the pillarboxed widescreen version on a 4:3 television will result in windowboxing.
|Country||Title||Format||Region code||Publisher||Date||Catalogue №||Aspect ratio||Subtitles|
|South Korea||프린스 앤 프린세스||NTSC||All||Daum Media||2003-05-30||DAD-158||1.37:1 fullscreen||English, Korean|
|Canada||Kirikou et la sorcière||NTSC||1||Alliance Atlantis||2004-12-21||1.37:1 fullscreen||English, French|
|United States||Princes and Princesses||NTSC||1||KimStim||2008-07-29||1.37:1 fullscreen||English|
|France||Princes et princesses||PAL||2||France Télévisions||2004-07-28||EDV 174||1.56:1 anamorphic widescreen||English, French|
|Japan||プリンス＆プリンセス||NTSC||2||Ghibli Cinema Library/Buena Vista Home Entertainment||2004-12-03
|VWDZ8716||1.56:1 anamorphic widescreen||English, French, Japanese|
|Taiwan||王子與公主||NTSC||3||Power International Multimedia||2005-09-30||1.37:1 fullscreen||English, French, Traditional Chinese|
- "Princes and Princess". The Numbers. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
- Recio, Lorenzo (October 2005). "Portrait : Michel Ocelot". ARTE.tv. Archived from the original on 2008-05-15. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- "Amazon.com: Princes and Princesses: Animation, Michel Ocelot: Movies & TV". Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- Kirben (26 November 2010). "Private message". Wikidot. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- "Princes and Princesses". Kino International. Kino Lorber. Archived from the original on 2010-12-26. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- Princes et princesses on IMDb
- Princes et princesses at La Fabrique
- Princes et princesses at AllMovie
- Princes et princesses at Le Palais des dessins animés
- Princes et princesses at Rotten Tomatoes
- Princes et princesses review at Movierapture.com
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|