Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (August 2011)|
Princess Alexia at the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, 19 June 2010
10 July 1965 |
Mon Repos, Corfu, Ionian Islands, Greece
|Spouse||Carlos Morales Quintana (m. 1999)|
|Issue||Arrietta Morales y de Grecia
Ana María Morales y de Grecia
Carlos Morales y de Grecia
Amelia Morales y de Grecia
|House||House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg|
|Father||Constantine II of Greece|
|Mother||Anne-Marie of Denmark|
|Greek Royal Family|
Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Αλεξία; born 10 July 1965) is the eldest child of the deposed King Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, as well as the niece of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Sofia of Spain.
Since her own birth and until the birth on 20 May 1967 of her brother Pavlos, Princess Alexia was heir presumptive to the throne of Hellenes, then an extant monarchy. The succession law of Greece was not a Salic one, instead it was effectively similar with the ones of the United Kingdom and Spain.
Marriage and issue
On 9 July 1999 Princess Alexia married Carlos Morales Quintana, an architect and a champion yachtsman, at St. Sophia Cathedral, London. The bride wore a gown by the Austrian designer Inge Sprawson. Her attendants were her sister Princess Theodora, her niece Princess Maria Olympia, and Princess Mafalda, daughter of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria.
The couple has four children:
- Arrietta Morales y de Grecia (born 24 February 2002 in Barcelona) her godparents are Princess Theodora of Greece (maternal aunt); Maria Teresa Morales (paternal aunt); Infanta Cristina of Spain (her mother's paternal first cousin) and Manuel Cabrera (her father's friend)
- Ana María Morales y de Grecia (born 15 May 2003 in Barcelona) her godparents are Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece (maternal uncle) and Alejandro Morales (paternal uncle)
- Carlos Morales y de Grecia (born 30 July 2005 in Barcelona) his godparents are Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (maternal uncle); Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece (maternal uncle's wife) and Infanta Elena of Spain (her mother's first cousin)
- Amelia Morales y de Grecia (born 26 October 2007 in Spain) her godparents are Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark (paternal uncle) and Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (her mother's cousin)
Alexia is godmother to her niece, Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece; Pablo Nicolas Urdangarin y de Borbon, Countess Ingrid von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth and Princess Isabella of Denmark, all children of her cousins; and Emma Tallulah Behn.
- Greek Royal Family: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Redeemer
- Greek Royal Family: Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Olga and Sophia
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2012)|
- Miroslav Marek. "Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg". Genealogy.Eu. Retrieved 8 October 2005.[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Royal weddings in history". Vogue.
- "Princess Alexia's gown". Order of Splendor blog.
- Exilio de las Infantas en Lanzarote provocado por Zapatero
|This article related to Greek royalty is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|