Princess Ayako of Takamado
Princess Ayako of Takamado (絢子女王 Ayako Joō?, born 15 September 1990) is a member of the Imperial House of Japan and the daughter of Norihito, Prince Takamado and Hisako, Princess Takamado. She is the youngest of the couple's three daughters.
Princess Ayako is the first member of the Imperial Family to be born in the Heisei era.
Princess Ayako attended the prestigious Gakushuin School for her primary, junior high, and high school education. While She was a student at Gakushuin Women’s High School, in 2007, she visited New Zealand under a school-sponsored homestay program. In April 2009, she enrolled in the Josai International University, Faculty of Social Work Studies.
In 2010 and 2011 the Princess made short term visits to Camosun College in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, as part of exchange tours with Josai International University. In March 2013, Princess Ayako graduated Josai International University and was accepted into the graduate school. In September 2013, Princess Ayako returned to Camosun College begin intensive English studies. She completed her studies at Camosun College in April 2015. She then spent time at the University of British Columbia before returning to Japan in August 2015. On 16 March, Princess Ayako of Takamado graduated from Josai International University and received a master's degree of social welfare.
She continues to attend ceremonies and functions at the palace when studies permit.
Titles and styles
Princess Ayako of Takamado
|Reference style||Her Imperial Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Imperial Highness|
Ayako is styled as Her Imperial Highness Princess Ayako of Takamado.
- Member of the Order of the Precious Crown, 2nd Class -
|Ancestors of Princess Ayako of Takamado|
- "The Royal Imperial Highness Princess Takamado Hisa". 日本から、Moshi-moshi!. 25 November 2006. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado and her family". The Imperial Household Agency. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Which schools are good enough for Japan's imperial family?". Education in Japan Community Blog. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Activities of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado and her family". The Imperial Household Agency. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Ayako of Takamado.|
- Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado and her family at the Imperial Household Agency website
Princess Ayako of TakamadoBorn: 15 September 1990
|Order of precedence in Japan|
Princess Tsuguko of Takamado
HIH Princess Ayako of Takamado
|This biography of a member of the Imperial House of Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|