Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
16 June 1950 |
Saint-Raphaël, Var, France
(m. 1978; div. 1989)
|Father||Prince Ferdinand, Duke of Castro|
|Mother||Chantal de Chevron-Villette|
Princess Béatrice Marie Caroline Louise Françoise of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born 16 June 1950 in Saint-Raphaël, Var, France) is the eldest daughter of Prince Ferdinand, Duke of Castro, Castro-line claimant to the Head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and his wife Chantal de Chevron-Villette. Béatrice was also titled as Princess Napoléon through her marriage to Charles Napoléon, later titular Emperor of the French as Napoléon VII, Prince Imperial. Her younger brother, Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro, is the current Castro-line claimant to the Head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. Since 2014 Princess Béatrice has served as Grand Chancellor of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George.
Marriage and issue
Béatrice married Charles Napoléon, eldest son of Prince Louis Napoléon and his wife Alix de Foresta, on 19 December 1978 in Paris, France. Charles was the great-great-grand-nephew of Napoleon I of France, founder of the Imperial House of France. The couple divorced in 1989.
Béatrice and Charles had two children:
- Princess Caroline Marie Constance Napoléon (24 October 1980), married Eric Alain Marie Quérénet-Onfroy de Bréville (born 20 June 1971), son of François Quérénet-Onfroy de Bréville and his wife Christiane Vincent de Vaugelas, on 19 September 2009 in Castellabate nel Cilento, Italy:
- Elvire Quérénet-Onfroy de Breville (born 8 August 2010),
- Augustin Quérénet-Onfroy de Breville (born 12 February 2013)
- Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon (11 July 1986)
Titles, styles and honours
- 16 June 1950 – 19 December 1978: Her Royal Highness Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
- 19 December 1978 – 2 May 1989: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Béatrice Napoléon
- 2 May 1989 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
- House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies: Grand Chancellor Knight Grand Cross with Collar of Justice of the Two Sicilian Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
|Ancestors of Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies|
- Darryl Lundy (10 May 2003). "Beatrice di Borbone, Principessa di Borbone delle Due Sicilie". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2008-10-11. External link in
- Paul Theroff. "TWO SICILIES". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- Erede di Napoleone si sposa nel Cilento
- Official family website