Princess Bathildis of Anhalt-Dessau
|Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe|
|Born||29 December 1837|
|Died||10 February 1902 (aged 64)|
Nachod Castle, Kingdom of Bohemia
|Spouse||Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe|
|Issue||Charlotte, Queen of Württemberg|
Prince Franz Joseph
Bathildis, Princess of Waldeck and Pyrmont
Adelaide, Duchess of Saxe-Altenburg
|Father||Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau|
|Mother||Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel|
Princess Bathildis of Anhalt-Dessau (German: Prinzessin Bathildis Amalgunde von Anhalt-Dessau; 29 December 1837 – 10 February 1902) was a Princess of Anhalt-Dessau and member of the House of Ascania by birth. As the wife of Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe she was a Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe by marriage. She was a younger sister of Grand Duchess Adelaide of Luxembourg.
Bathildis was born at Dessau, Anhalt, as the second child of Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau (son of Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau and Landgravine Amalie of Hesse-Homburg) and his wife Princess Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel, (daughter of Landgrave William of Hesse-Kassel and Princess Charlotte of Denmark).
On 30 May 1862 at Dessau, Bathildis married Prince William of Schaumburg-Lippe, seventh child and third son of George William, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and his wife, Princess Ida of Waldeck and Pyrmont.
They had eight children:
- Princess Charlotte of Schaumburg-Lippe (10 October 1864 – 16 July 1946), married in 1886 to William II of Württemberg, no issue.
- Prince Franz Joseph of Schaumburg-Lippe (8 October 1865 – 4 September 1881)
- Prince Friedrich of Schaumburg-Lippe (30 January 1868 – 12 December 1945), married in 1896 to Princess Louise of Denmark, had issue.
- Prince Albrecht of Schaumburg-Lippe (24 October 1869 – 25 December 1942), married in 1897 to Duchess Elsa of Württemberg, had issue.
- Prince Maximilian of Schaumburg-Lippe (13 March 1871 – 1 April 1904), married in 1898 to Duchess Olga of Württemberg, had issue.
- Princess Bathildis of Schaumburg-Lippe (21 May 1873 – 6 April 1962), married in 1895 to Friedrich, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont, had issue.
- Princess Adelaide of Schaumburg-Lippe (22 September 1875 – 27 January 1971), married in 1898 to Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg, had issue, divorced in 1920.
- Princess Alexandra of Schaumburg-Lippe (9 June 1879 – 5 January 1949)