Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Princess Sigismund of Prussia|
4 March 1899|
|Died||16 February 1989
Hemmelmark, West Germany
|Spouse||Prince Sigismund of Prussia (m. 1919)|
|Issue||Barbara, Duchess Christian Louis of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
|House||House of Saxe-Altenburg|
|Father||Ernst II, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg|
|Mother||Princess Adelaide of Schaumburg-Lippe|
Princess Charlotte Agnes of Saxe-Altenburg (German: Prinzessin Charlotte Agnes von Sachsen-Altenburg; 4 March 1899 – 16 February 1989) was the eldest child of Ernst II, the last reigning duke of Saxe-Altenburg.
Marriage and family
They had two children:
- Princess Barbara Irene Adelheid Viktoria Elisabeth Bathildis of Prussia (2 August 1920 – 31 May 1994); married Duke Christian Louis of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and had issue.
- Prince Alfred Friedrich Ernst Heinrich Conrad of Prussia (17 August 1924 - 5 June 2013); married Maritza Farkas (6 August 1929 – 1 November 1996), no issue.
Titles, styles, honours, and arms
Titles and styles
- 4 March 1899 – 11 July 1919: Her Highness Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg
- 11 July 1919 – 16 February 1989: Her Royal Highness Princess Sigismund of Prussia
- Marlene A. Eilers, Queen Victoria's Descendants, page 162.