Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson
Princess Christina prior to the wedding of her niece Madeleine in June 2013
3 August 1943 |
Haga Palace, Solna, Sweden
|Spouse||Tord Magnuson (m. 1974)|
|Father||Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten|
|Mother||Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha|
Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, LoK av KMO (Christina Louise Helena, born 3 August 1943) is the youngest of four older sisters of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. She does business as Christina Magnuson.
Princess Christina was born at Haga Palace outside Stockholm. She is the fourth child of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, and granddaughter of King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden.
Marriage and family
She met her future husband at a lunch in Stockholm in 1961; he is Tord Gösta Magnuson (born Stockholm, 7 April 1941), son of Lennart Magnuson and wife Gerda Klemming. Princess Christina's engagement to Tord Magnuson, was announced on 1 February 1974.
The couple married on 15 June 1974 in the Palace Church of the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Princess Christina wore the Connaught tiara, part of the Swedish royal family jewels  and a wedding gown from the Stockholm couture school, Märtaskolan.
Because of her unequal marriage, she lost her style of Royal Highness and from the King received the courtesy title of Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, and has the style of Her Excellency as a Knight of the Danish Order of the Elephant 1st Class (16 January 1973). Under the Swedish constitution of that time, she, as a woman, and her descendants were not eligible to inherit the throne. Thus they still are not.
The couple has three sons:
- Carl Gustaf Victor Magnuson (8 August 1975 in Stockholm), an economist; married 2013 Vicky Elisabeth Andrén (born 1983). They have one daughter.
- Tord Oscar Frederik Magnuson (20 June 1977 in Stockholm), an eyewear designer; married 2011 Emma Emelie Charlotta Ledent (born 1981). They have two sons.
- Victor Edmund Lennart Magnuson (10 September 1980 in Stockholm), in a relationship with Frida Louise Bergström (born 1980). They have two sons.
Gustaf Magnuson is the godfather of Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland. His brother Oscar Magnuson is the godfather of Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne. Their brother Victor is godfather to Prince Alexander, Duke of Södermanland.
||This section about a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Princess Christina lives in Stockholm together with her husband who accompanies her on royal family engagements. Between the death of her mother in 1972, and her brother's marriage in 1976, she was the only royal princess in Sweden and acted as the country's first lady.
Though no longer royal, she remains an active member of the King's family and occasionally performs engagements of an official nature, attending events such as the Nobel Prize ceremonies.
She was Chairman of the Swedish Red Cross for 9 years.
- Sweden: Member Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Seraphim (LoK av KMO)
- Sweden: Member of the Royal Family Order of King Gustaf VI Adolf, 1st Class
- Sweden: Member of the Royal Family Order of King Carl XVI Gustaf, 1st Class
- Sweden: Member Grand Cross of the Social Grand Order of the Amaranth
- Sweden: Member Grand Cross of the Social Order of Innocence
- Sweden: Recipient of the Prince Carl Medal
- Sweden: Recipient of the 90th Birthday Medal of King Gustav V
- Sweden: Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of King Gustav V
- Sweden: Recipient of the 85th Birthday Badge Medal of King Gustaf VI Adolf
- Sweden: Recipient of the 50th Birthday Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Sweden: Recipient of the Wedding Medal of Crown Princess Victoria to Daniel Westling
- Sweden: Recipient of the Ruby Jubilee Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Sweden: Recipient of the 70th Birthday Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf
- Denmark: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Elephant
- France: Commander of the Legion of Honour
- Germany: Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, First Class
- Iceland: Grand Cross of the Order of the Falcon
- Italy: Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Japan: Paulownia Dame Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown
- Norway: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St. Olav
- Portugal: Grand Cross of the Order of Christ
Titles and styles
- 3 August 1943 - 15 June 1974 Her Royal Highness Princess Christina of Sweden.
- 15 June 1974 - present Her Excellency Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson.
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent: Recipient of the Henry Dunant Medal
- Salvation Army Cross of the Order of Distinguished Auxiliary Service for exceptional service rendered to the Army by non-Salvationists 
- Order of Splendor; The Connaught Tiara http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/tiara-thursday-connaught-tiara.html
- "Haga princesses". Order of Splendor.
- "Oscar Magnuson". web.archive.org. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: prinsessan-Christina-1.jpg, (400 × 406 px)". royauxsuedois.r.o.pic.centerblog.net. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: prinsessan-christian.jpg, (388 × 600 px)". bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: a8880d78236167c5fdec9b904ed1f35e.jpg, (236 × 414 px)". s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: tumblr_n4x7xufHWd1qzjmo0o1_500.jpg, (500 × 345 px)". 41.media.tumblr.com. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: Prinsessan_Christina,_fru_Magnuson_(cropped).jpg, (712 × 959 px)". upload.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "The Orders in Sweden - Sveriges Kungahus". kungahuset.se. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Image: mf231.jpg, (799 × 552 px)". content.foreningshuset.se. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "The King awards the Prince Carl Medal to Johan von Schreeb". Swedish Royal Court. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "Image: wedding-2010-0619-sweden-christina.jpeg, (405 × 610 px) – STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - JUNE 19: Princess Christina of Sweden and Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan attend the Wedding Banquet for Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband prince Daniel at the Royal Palace on June 19, 2010 in Stockholm, Sweden. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)". alfredomubarah.files.wordpress.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "hagasessorna | Hovbloggen". bloggar.aftonbladet.se. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "70th anniversary of king Carl Gustav of Sweden in Stockholm Sweden on... Fotografía de noticias 115116367 | Getty Images". dailymail.co.uk. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Image: swedens-princesses-in-the-nine-prong-tiara.jpg, (848 × 551 px)". tiarasandtrianon.files.wordpress.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - - Page 2 - The Royal Forums". theroyalforums.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6539&d=1053478491". cdn.theroyalforums.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015. External link in
- Icelandese Presidency Website, Magnusson, Christina ; prinsessa ; Svíþjóð ; 1998-11-24 ; Stórkross (= Magnusson, Christina, Sweden, 24 November 1998, Grand Cross)
- Italian Presidency website, Magnuson S.A.R. Christina la Principessa di Svezia, Cavaliere di Gran Croce Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italian
- Princess Lilian, Princess Désirée and Princess Christina, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown
- "http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9310&d=1056356954". theroyalforums.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015. External link in
- "CIDADÃOS ESTRANGEIROS AGRACIADOS COM ORDENS PORTUGUESAS - Página Oficial das Ordens Honoríficas Portuguesas". ordens.presidencia.pt. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Henri Dunant Medal
- Order of Distinguished Auxiliary Service[unreliable source?]