Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson
Christina prior to the wedding of her niece Madeleine in June 2013
|Spouse||Tord Magnuson (m. 1974)|
|House||House of Bernadotte|
|Father||Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten|
|Mother||Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha|
3 August 1943 |
Haga Palace, Solna, Sweden
Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, LoK av KMO (Christina Louise Helena, born 3 August 1943) is the youngest of four older sisters of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. She does business as Christina Magnuson.
Princess Christina was born at Haga Palace outside Stockholm. She is the fourth child of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, and granddaughter of King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden.
Marriage and family
She met her future husband at a lunch in Stockholm in 1961; he is Tord Gösta Magnuson (born Stockholm, 7 April 1941), son of Lennart Magnuson and wife Gerda Klemming. Princess Christina's engagement to Tord Magnuson, was announced in 1974.
The couple married on 15 June 1974 in the Palace Church of the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Princess Christina wore the Connaught tiara, part of the Swedish royal family jewels  and a wedding gown from the Stockholm couture school, Märtaskolan.
Because of her unequal marriage, she gave up her style of Royal Highness and received the courtesy title of Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, with the style of Her Excellency as a Knight of the Order of the Elephant 1st Class (16 January 1973). Thus, she and her descendants cannot inherit the Swedish throne.
The couple has three sons:
- Carl Gustaf Victor Magnuson (born 8 August 1975 in Stockholm), an economist; married 2013 Vicky Elisabeth Andrén (b. 1983). They have one daughter.
- Tord Oscar Frederik Magnuson (born 20 June 1977 in Stockholm), an eyewear designer; married 2011 Emma Emelie Charlotta Ledent (b. 1981). They have one son.
- Victor Edmund Lennart Magnuson (born 10 September 1980 in Stockholm), in a relationship with Frida Louise Bergström (b. 1980). They have one son.
Princess Christina lives in Stockholm together with her husband who accompanies her on royal family engagements. Between the death of her mother in 1972, and her brother's marriage in 1976, she was the only royal princess in Sweden and acted as the country's first lady.
Though no longer royal, she remains an active member of the King's family and occasionally performs engagements of an official nature, attending events such as the Nobel Prize ceremonies.
She was Chairman of the Swedish Red Cross for 9 years.
Titles and Styles
- 3 August 1943 – 15 June 1974: Her Royal Highness Princess Christina of Sweden
- 15 June 1974 – present: Her Excellency Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, LoK av KMO
- Sweden :
- Denmark : Knight of the Order of the Elephant (16 January 1973)
- Germany : Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2003) 
- Iceland : Grand Cross of the Order of the Falcon (16 September 1985) 
- Portugal : Grand Cross of the Order of Christ (15 May 1991) 
- Italy : Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (5 May 1998) 
- Norway : Grand Cross of the Royal Norwegian Order of Saint Olav (1992)
- Japan : Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown (2000) 
- France : Commander of the Legion of Honour (15 July 2004) 
- Salvation Army Cross of the Order of Distinguished Auxiliary Service for exceptional service rendered to the Army by non-Salvationists 
- Henry Dunant Medal, (2005), for exceptional services rendered to the Red Cross Society.
On December 19, 2010, it was announced that Princess Christina had been diagnosed with breast cancer the previous spring and had already undergone surgery three times to combat it.
- Order of Splendor; The Connaught Tiara http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/tiara-thursday-connaught-tiara.html
- "Haga princesses". Order of Splendor.
- Noblesse et Royautés, King's sisters attending Victoria's wedding, 19 June 2010, Group photo
- Ruby Jubilee in Sweden
- "The King awards the Prince Carl Medal to Johan von Schreeb". Swedish Royal Court. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- Gallery on www.theroyalforums.com, State visit of President Johannes Rau in Sweden in 2003 : Christina's photo
- Icelandese Presidency Website , Magnusson, Christina ; prinsessa ; Svíþjóð ; 1998-11-24 ; Stórkross (= Magnusson, Christina , Sweden, 24 November 1998, Grand Cross)
- Italian Presidency website, Magnuson S.A.R. Christina la Principessa di Svezia, Cavaliere di Gran Croce Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italian
- Princess Lilian, Princess Désirée and Princess Christina, Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown
- The Royal Forums
- Order of Distinguished Auxiliary Service[unreliable source?]