Princess Christine of Orléans-Braganza
|Princess of Brazil
Princess de Ligne
11 August 1955 |
Château de Belœil
|Spouse||Prince Antonio of Orléans-Braganza|
|Issue||Prince Pedro Luiz
Princess Maria Gabriela
|House||House of Ligne (by birth)
House of Orleans-Braganza (by marriage)
|Father||Antoine, 13th Prince de Ligne|
|Mother||Princess Alix of Luxembourg|
|Brazilian Imperial Family
|Princely Family of Ligne|
Princess Christine Marie Elisabeth of Orléans-Braganza, née Princess de Ligne, was born on 11 August 1955 in the Château de Belœil, Belgium. She is the daughter of Antoine, 13th Prince de Ligne and Princess Alix of Luxembourg. She is the maternal granddaughter of Charlotte, Grand Duchess Regnant of Luxembourg and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma.
Her father was head of one of Belgium's foremost noble families, mediatized in 1803. Her mother, Princess Alix (born 1929), is sister of former Grand Duke Jean. Through her mother, Princess Christine is a descendant in the fifth generation of King John VI of Portugal and is a great-grand niece of Brazil's first emperor, Pedro I of Brazil.
Marriage and Children
They had four children:
- Prince Pedro Luiz Maria José Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (12 January 1983 – 1 June 2009).
- Princess Amélia Maria de Fátima Josefa Antônia Miguela Gabriela Rafaela Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (born 15 March 1984), married to Alexander James Spearman (b. 27 March 1984). They have one son:
- Alexander Joaquim Pedro Spearman (b. Madrid, 30 August 2016)
- Prince Rafael Antonio Maria José Francisco Miguel Gabriel Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (born 24 April 1986).
- Princess Maria Gabriela Josefa Fernanda Iolanda Miguela Rafaela Gonzaga of Orléans-Bragança (born 8 June 1989).
- Noblesse et Royautes, Order of Saint Isabel awarded to several Gotha personalities
|This biographical article about a member of the Luxembourgish nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|