Princess Chulabhorn Science High Schools
|Princess Chulabhorn Science High Schools|
Logo of PCSHS
|School type||Public, Boarding, Secondary Science School|
|Motto||Paṇya Yatthaŋ Vippa Shati|
|Established||July 27, 1993|
The first 4 schools were established
|School board||Steering Committee, Princess Chulabhorn Science High Schools|
|Authority||Office of the Basic Education Commission|
|Oversight||Ministry of Education (Thailand)|
|Head of schools group||Chatree Pradutchon|
|Grades||7–12 (Mathayom 1–6)|
|Enrollment||720 (Since academic year 2014)|
|• Grade 7||96|
|• Grade 8||96|
|• Grade 9||96|
|• Grade 10||144|
|• Grade 11||144|
|• Grade 12||144|
|Average class size||24|
|Medium of language||Thai, English|
|School colour(s)||Blue and Orange|
|Slogan||Proud, Honor, Morality, and Bright-minded Academics, while Following The Mission of The Princess|
|Song||March of Princess Chulabhorn's College|
|O-NET average||56.30% (Academic year 2017)|
|Budget||946.5746 million Baht (FY 2018)|
|School fees||Full scholarship awarded to all students|
Princess Chulabhorn Science High School (Thai: โรงเรียนวิทยาศาสตร์จุฬาภรณราชวิทยาลัย; RTGS: Rongrian Witthayasat Chulaphon Ratchawitthayalai), also known as PCSHS, is the name given to a group of science coeducation boarding schools that was established by the Thai Ministry of Education to honor science-oriented Princess Chulabhorn in 1993 when she was 36 years old. PCSHS focuses on developing the talents of students in grades 7-12 (secondary and high school students) in science, mathematics, technology, and environment to support science and technology professionals in Thailand.
When the first 4 schools were established, This Ministry of Education (MOE) named that schools "Chaloem Phrakiat Somdet Phrachao Lukthoe Chaofa Chulabhorn Walailak Akkhraratcha Kumari" (Thai: เฉลิมพระเกียรติสมเด็จพระเจ้าลูกเธอเจ้าฟ้าจุฬาภรณวลัยลักษณ์อัครราชกุมารี), followed by name of school located province. In the late 1993, Princess Chulabhorn give the permission to adapted her royal cypher to be the schools' logo and give the new schools' name "Princess Chulabhorn's College" (Thai: จุฬาภรณราชวิทยาลัย), followed by name of school located province.
On August 6, 2018, MOE announces that Prince Chulabhorn give the royal permission to MOE to change the name of "Princess Chulabhorn's College" to "Princess Chulabhorn Science High School" on July 3, 2018.
The PCSHS includes 12 boarding schools. They are:
Originally, the curriculum depended on The Ministry of Education but the schools' course of instruction was changed in 2010 by cooperation of Mahidol Wittayanusorn School (Public Organization), a Thailand science high school, and have used this curriculum since then. The PCSHS students receive scholarships from the government for study, food, accommodation, etc.
The schools' logo is a crown cover letter “จภ.” (Jaw-Por). “จภ.” is the short version of the name of Princess Chulabhorn Walailak. The symbolic colors are blue, representing the Thai monarchy, a security-oriented, strict disciplinarian. And red-orange, which represents the traditional Thai color for Thursday, the day that Princess Chulabhorn Walailak was born (4 July 1957).
The symbolic tree is Spathodea (Thai: แคแสด). This tree has orange-red flowers that represent the symbolic color of the schools.
The school’s quote is “Moral lead academic matter”. It shows that the PCSHS students have moral principle to bring their knowledge to use.
- "คณะกรรมการบริหารและคณะที่ปรึกษา โครงการพัฒนาโรงเรียนจุฬาภรณราชวิทยาลัยให้เป็นโรงเรียนวิทยาศาสตร์ภูมิภาค". Steering Committee, Princess Chulabhorn Science High Schools (in Thai). Office of the Basic Education Commission. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "The Third Series of Thailand's Budget Document FY 2018: Cost Spending List, Updated by Budget Act B.E. 2017, Book No. 8(1), Article 23: Ministry of Education (1)" (PDF). Bureau of The Budget. Bureau of The Budget. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "ประวัติ โรงเรียนวิทยาศาสตร์จุฬาภรณราชวิทยาลัย นครศรีธรรมราช". Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat (in Thai). Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "ประกาศกระทรวงศึกษาธิการ เรื่อง การเปลี่ยนชื่อโรงเรียนจุฬาภรณราชวิทยาลัย" (PDF). Royal Thai Government Gazette (in Thai). Secretariat of the Cabinet. 2018-09-20. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Project of Development of Princess Chulabhorn's College group of schools for gifted student in Maths and Science (Draft for cabinet summit)
- Memorandum of Understanding between Mahidol Wittayanusorn School and 12 schools of Princess Chulabhorn's College
- Homepage of PCSHS Phetchaburi
- Homepage of PCSHS Chiang Rai
- Homepage of PCSHS Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Homepage of PCSHS Pathumthani
- Homepage of PCSHS Phitsanulok
- Homepage of PCSHS Chonburi
- Homepage of PCSHS Mukdahan
- Homepage of PCSHS Trang
- Homepage of PCSHS Satun
- Homepage of PCSHS Loei
- Homepage of PCSHS Buriram
- Homepage of PCSHS Lopburi