Princess Dagmar of Denmark
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2014)|
23 May 1890|
Charlottenlund Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark
|Died||11 October 1961
Christian Frederik Castenskjold (died young)
|Father||Frederick VIII of Denmark|
|Mother||Lovisa of Sweden|
Princess Dagmar of Denmark (Dagmar Louise Elisabeth; 23 May 1890 – 11 October 1961) was the youngest child and fourth daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark and his wife, Princess Louise of Sweden and Norway.
She was married in Fredensborg, Denmark on 23 November 1922 to Jørgen Castenskjold (Copenhagen, 30 November 1893 – Rungsted, 21 November 1978), son of Anton Castenskiold (1860–1940), Royal Danish Court Chamberlain, and wife Sophie Steensen-Leth (1870–1947), from Danish Nobility. They had five children:
- Carl Frederik Anton Jørgen Castenskjold (Kongstedlund, Denmark: 13 November 1923 – 14 April 2006), married Bente Grevenkop-Castenskiold (5 April 1927 - 22 May 2003)on October 23, 1948, divorced in 1963, and had three children:
- Christian Ludwig Gustav Fritz Castenskjold (b. Kongstedlund, Denmark: 10 July 1926) married Cecily Abbots (b. 10 August 1927) on November 11, 1952, and had one daughter:
- Alexandra Castenskjold (b. Los Angeles, California: 11 June 1965), married Christopher Robert Cuilty (b. Oxnard, California: 3 June 1965) on April 29, 2000, in Carmel, California, and had two daughters:
- Jørgen Frederik Aage Erik Helge Castenskjold (Kongstedlund, Denmark, 16 March 1928 – Næstved, 4 May 1964), married Kirsten Schlichtkrull (b. 24 March 1934) on July 14, 1956, and had two daughters:
- Dagmar Louise Thyra Sophia Castenskjold (b. Kongstedlund, 11 September 1930 - Solrød, 12 July 2013), married Poul Bitsch (b. Balle, Denmark: 5 October 1930, d. Bronshoj, Denmark: 21 October 1967) on April 4, 1950, and had three children:
- Eric Jørgen Marius Poul Christian Bitsch (b. Aarhus, Denmark: 9 August 1950), married Anna Oxvang (b. Copenhagen, Denmark: 28 May 1951) and had two children:
- Hans Jørgen Gorm Bitsch (b. 14 January 1954, Brønshøj, Denmark), married firstly Lena Bilde (b. 1955) in 1978, had one son, and divorced in 1981; married secondly Taimi Elisabeth Pedesk (b. Copenhagen, Denmark: 21 May 1957) on 24 May 1986, and divorced before 1998; and married thirdly Marianne Lykke Jenson (b. Copenhagen, Denmark: 6 April 1963) on April 4, 1998, in Ballerup, Denmark. Son of Hans Jørgen Gorm Bitsch:
- Christian Axel Carl Bitsch (b. 18 August 1959, Brønshøj, Denmark), married Pia Brandstrup (b. 14 December 1961, Copenhagen, Denmark) and had three children:
- Christian Frederik Castenskjold (b. 21 August 1931 – 4 November 1937).
Princess Dagmar died at Kongstedlund, Denmark at the age of 71, as the last surviving child of King Frederick VIII and Queen Louise. She was grandaunt of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, King Harald V of Norway, Kings Baudouin and Albert II of the Belgians; and great-grandaunt of King Philippe of the Belgians and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.
- Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, editor, Burke's Royal Families of the World, Volume 1: Europe & Latin America (London, U.K.: Burke's Peerage Ltd, 1977), page 71
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Dagmar of Denmark.|