Princess Felicitas of Prussia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
7 June 1934|
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
|Died||1 August 2009
|Spouse||Dinnies Karl Friedrich von der Osten
(m. 1958; div. 1972)
Jorg Hartwig von Nostitz-Wallwitz
|Issue||Friederike von der Osten
Dinnies Wilhelm von der Osten
Hubertus Christoph von der Osten
Cecilie von der Osten
Diana von Nostitz-Wallwitz
|Father||Prince Wilhelm of Prussia|
|Mother||Dorothea von Salviati|
Princess Felicitas of Prussia (Felicitas Cecilie Alexandrine Helene Dorothea; 7 June 1934 – 1 August 2009) was a German princess and great-granddaughter of the last German Emperor, Wilhelm II. After her grandfather died in 1951, she was the first person in line to the British throne who was not a descendant of one of Queen Victoria's sons.
Felicitas was born in Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, in 1934, as one of two daughters. Her parents were Prince Wilhelm of Prussia and his wife, Dorothea von Salviati. Her sister was Princess Christa.
Her father, Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, was the eldest son of Crown Prince Wilhelm, the heir of the last German Emperor Kaiser Wilhelm II. Felicitas' grandfather, Crown Prince Wilhelm, went into exile in the Netherlands in 1918 following the end of World War I and the collapse of the German monarchy.
Felicitas' father, Prince Wilhelm, was killed in France in 1940 during World War II.
Marriages and issue
On 12 December 1958 Felicitas married Dinnies Karl Friedrich von der Osten (b. 21 May 1929 - d. 28 June 1989). They had four children:
- Friederike Thyra Marion Wilhelmine Dorothea von der Osten, born 14 July 1959. She was the first great-great-great-great-grandchild of Queen Victoria. She married Berhard Ernst Dieter von Reiche (b. 26 April 1956) in Ismaning on 17 August 1984 in a civil ceremony, and in Aumühle on 1 Sep 1984 in a religious ceremony. They had three daughters:
- Felicitas Catharini Malina Johanna von Reiche (b. 28 Oct 1986), who was the first 5x-great-grandchild of Victoria.
- Victoria Cecilie Alexandra Josephine von Reiche (b. 19 January 1989)
- Donata Friederike Diana Sophie von Reiche (b. 28 January 1992).
- Dinnies Wilhelm Karl Alexander von der Osten, born 15 Feb 1962, died 28 June 1989
- Hubertus Christoph Joachim Friedrich von der Osten, born 5 May 1964
- Cecilie Felicitas Katherina Sophie von der Osten, born 12 Mar 1967. She married Ole Marxen in 1997; they were divorced in November 2012. They have two children:
- Julius Marxen (born 1998)
- Victor Marxen (born 2002)
They were divorced in 1972, and on 27 October 1972 she married Jorg Hartwig von Nostitz-Wallwitz (b. 26 September 1937) at Aumühle. They had one daughter:
- Diana Renata Friederike von Nostitz-Wallwitz, born 7 Oct 1974 in Hamburg, Germany. She married Baron Carl-Jan von der Goltz in 2002 and they have two children, one born in 2011.