Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès
|Countess of Carladès|
|Born||10 December 2014|
Princess Grace Hospital Centre, La Colle, Monaco
|Father||Albert II, Prince of Monaco|
|Monégasque princely family|
HSH Princess Stéphanie
Princess Gabriella of Monaco, Countess of Carladès (Gabriella Thérèse Marie Grimaldi; born 10 December 2014), is the daughter of Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene. She is second in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne, behind her twin brother, Hereditary Prince Jacques.
Birth and christening
On 30 May 2014, it was announced that Princess Charlene was pregnant. After much speculation it was confirmed, on 9 October 2014, that the couple was expecting twins by the end of the year. On 21 November 2014, the palace announced that each twin would have the right to a salvo of 21 cannon shots at birth. Forty-two cannon shots (twenty-one for each child) were to be fired from the Fort Antoine and church bells were to be rung for fifteen minutes. In addition, the day would be declared a holiday. On 7 January 2015 the children were presented to the Monegasque people.
On 10 December 2014, Princess Gabriella was born at Monaco's Princess Grace Hospital Centre, followed two minutes later by her brother, Hereditary Prince Jacques. She was granted the title Countess of Carladès by her father.
|Ancestors of Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès|
- "Monaco confirms: Princess Charlene is pregnant with twins". Royalista.com. 9 October 2014. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Monaco's Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene expecting baby". BBC News Europe. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Press release". Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Jour férié et coups de canons pour les jumeaux de Charlène de Monaco". L'Express. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "Albert et Charlène de Monaco : présentation officielle des jumeaux le 7 janvier 2015". La Voix du Nord. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- Marciano, Catherine (11 December 2014). "Joy in Monaco over arrival of royal twins". Agence France-Presse. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Botelho, Greg (11 December 2014). "Royal twins born in Monaco". CNN. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Naissances Princières". Palais Princier de Monaco. 10 December 2014.
- "Monaco royal wedding: No bridesmaid or page boy role for Albert's children". HELLO!. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Princess Charlene and Prince Albert baptise their twins Gabriella and Jacques in Monaco". HELLO!. 10 May 2015. Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- Ordonnance Souveraine #5307
- Bortrick, William. Burke's Peerage Sovereign Families of Europe. Burke's Peerage, Ltd. retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh. "Burke's Royal Families of the World: Volume I Europe & Latin America, 1977, pp. 408-409. ISBN 0-85011-023-8
- Penn University Archives & Records Center. Biographies - Margaret Majer Kelly (1899-1990). retrieved 18 November 2018.
- New York Times Archives. "John B. Kelly Sr, Contractor, Dies; Father of Princess Grace Led Philadelphia Firm - Olympic Rowing Champion". p. 33. retrieved 18 November 2018.
Princess Gabriella, Countess of CarladèsBorn: 10 December 2014
|Lines of succession|
| Succession to the Monegasque throne
2nd in line
Caroline, Princess of Hanover