Princess Isabelle of Orléans (1900–1983)
27 November 1900|
Le Nouvion-en-Thiérache, France
|Died||12 February 1983
|Spouse||Bruno, Count of Harcourt
Prince Pierre Murat
|Issue||Bernard, Count of Harcourt
Gilone, Countess Antoine of Dreux-Brézé
Isabelle, Princess Louis Murat
Monique, Countess Alfred Boulay of la Meurthe
|Father||Prince Jean, Duke of Guise|
|Mother||Princess Isabelle of Orléans|
Princess Isabelle Françoise Hélène Marie d'Orléans (27 November 1900, Le Nouvion-en-Thiérache, France – 12 February 1983, Neuilly-sur-Seine, France) was a member of the House of Orléans and, by marriage, Countess d'Harcourt.
She married at Le Chesnay, on 12 September 1923, Bruno, Count d'Harcourt (1899–1930), son of Count Eugène d'Harcourt and Armande de Pierre de Bernis. Bruno was an automobile racer and died during practice for the Moroccan Grand Prix.
They had four children:
- Count Bernard d'Harcourt (1 January 1925 – 4 September 1958). married firstly 4 November 1948 Zénaïde Rachewska (1 September 1930 - July 1973; he wed secondly 27 January 1951 Yvonne de Contades (born 22 April 1928), daughter of Jean de Contades and Jacqueline du Bouays de La Bégassière, and had issue from his second marriage:
- Gilone d'Harcourt (born 1 January 1927) married in 1950 Count Antoine de Dreux-Brézé (born 22 August 1928), and has issue.
- Isabelle d'Harcourt (1927–1993) married 20 October 1948 Prince Louis Murat (1920-2004; son of prince Paul Murat and Solange de La Rochefoucauld), and had issue:
- Prince Pierre Murat (born 17 October 1949). Married to Chantal Caillat (born 4 May 1954), has issue.
- Prince Xavier Murat (16 July 1951 - 30 September 1951)
- Princess Leïla Murat (born 17 March 1953). Married first on 2 May 1974 Olivier Duhamel (born 2 May 1950); married second Sherif El Hakim (born 17 August 1943); has issue from her second marriage.
- Princess Laura Murat (born 20 September 1954). Married first on 10 April 1979 Bruno Bailly (born 19 March 1955); married second count Thierry de Montalambert (born 7 September 1949; son of count Charles de Montalambert and Marie-Françoise Bemberg); has issue from both marriages.
- Prince Bernard Murat (born 20 January 1959). Married on 7 September 1997 to Svetlana Rojkova (born 16 May 1970); has issue.
- Prince Jerôme Murat (born 2 April 1966). Married to Katarzyna Zaleska (born 24 July 1976); has issue.
- Monique d'Harcourt (born 7 January 1929) married 3 July 1948 Count Alfred Boulay de la Meurthe (born 26 July 1925; son of Count Emmanuel Boulay de la Meurthe and Gabrielle de Marcieu), and has issue, including:
- Gilone Boulay de la Meurthe (born 25 April 1949) married in 1975 Count Renaud de Clermont-Tonnerre (born 16 October 1950; son of Count Marie-Amédée de Clermont-Tonnerre and Rosanne Tailleferre); and has issue.
- Laure Boulay de la Meurthe (born 27 April 1951), sometime publisher of Point de Vue magazine, has issue with Sir James Goldsmith.
- Yseult Boulay de la Meurthe (born 19 April 1956) married 25 August 1979 Alexandre de Blacas d'Aulps (20 December 1944 - 30 January 2003; son of Pierre de Blacas d'Aulps, 6th Duc de Blacas, and Hélène de Blacas d'Aulps), and has issue.
As a widow, Isabelle remarried Prince Pierre Murat (1900–1948) in 1934, at Jouy-en-Josas. They had no children. Prince Murat was the grandson of Prince Louis Napoléon Murat (Paris, 22 December 1851 – Paris, 22 September 1912) the son of Prince Lucien Murat of the House of Murat and the House of Bonaparte.
- Smith, Sally Bedell. Vanity Fair. Billionaire with a Cause. May 1997. Retrieved 27 July 2016.