Princess Kako of Akishino
Princess Kako during the New Year Greeting in 2015
29 December 1994 |
Hospital of the Imperial Household, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
|House||Imperial House of Japan|
|Father||Fumihito, Prince Akishino|
|Mother||Kiko, Princess Akishino|
|Japanese Imperial Family|
Princess Kako of Akishino (佳子内親王 Kako Naishinnō?, born 29 December 1994) is the second daughter of Fumihito, Prince Akishino and Kiko, Princess Akishino, and a member of the Japanese Imperial Family. She is the second-eldest grandchild of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.
In April 2001, Princess Kako began Gakushuin Primary School and graduated in March 2007. Princess Kako entered Gakushūin Girls' Senior High School Tokyo in April 2007 and graduated in March 2012. In 2012, Princess Kako spent some time studying English at Trinity College in Dublin. In April 2013, she attended the entrance ceremony of Gakushuin University and began her life as an undergraduate student. In August 2014, she quit the Department of Education, the Faculty of Letters, Gakushuin University and passed the entrance examination to the International Christian University (ICU), her older sister's alma mater. On 2 April 2015, the Princess attended the entrance ceremony of the university in Tokyo.
From 7 to 21 August 2003, Kako went to Thailand with her parents and sister for the 71st birthday celebration of Queen Sirikit and for conferment of an honorary fellowship from Ubon Ratchathani University, and for joint research on poultry.
Kako participated in figure skating while in primary school. In 2007, she represented the Meijijingu Gaien Figure Skating Club and joined the Spring Cup Figure Skating Competition held by the Japan Skating Federation. Princess Kako ranked top in the Shinjuku division (Female Group B - Primary School Year Six or above).
Titles and styles
Princess Kako of Akishino
|Reference style||Her Imperial Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Imperial Highness|
Kako is styled as Her Imperial Highness Princess Kako of Akishino.
|Ancestors of Princess Kako of Akishino|
- "Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino and their family". Imperial Household Agency. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- 佳子さま 国際基督教大学を受験へ (in Japanese). NHK. September 11, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "Princess Kako's New Campus Life". imperialfamilyjapan.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- List of Overseas Visits by the Emperor, Empress and Imperial Family (1999 – 2008)
- "Transcript of Press Interview by Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino held shortly before the Birthday of HIH Prince Akishino". 24 November 2006. Archived from the original on 27 October 2007. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- 2007 Figure Skating Spring Cup Competition Result - Shinjuku division (female Group B: Primary School Year Six or above)
- Celebration of Princess Kako
Princess Kako of AkishinoBorn: 29 December 1994
|Order of precedence in Japan|
Princess Mako of Akishino
HIH Princess Kako of Akishino
The Princess Hitachi
|This biography of a member of the Imperial House of Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|