Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia
|Born||28 November 1959|
Sir Desmond Lorenz de Silva
(m. 1987; div. 2010)
|Issue||Victoria Marie Esmé Margarita de Silva|
|Father||Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia|
|Mother||Princess Margarita of Baden|
HRH Princess Linda
HRH Princess Eva
HRH Princess Barbara
Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia (born 28 November 1959) is a member of the House of Karađorđević, the former ruling family of the former Kingdom of Yugoslavia. She manages her own businesses and undertakes various commercial work internationally. She is also 98th in the British line of succession.
Katarina was born in London to Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia, second son of Alexander I, King of Yugoslavia, and his first wife, Princess Margarita of Baden, the only daughter of Berthold, Margrave of Baden. Her father's dynasty having been deposed and banished from Yugoslavia after World War II, she grew up in exile, largely in England. She has one brother, Prince Nicholas of Yugoslavia, and two half-brothers, Prince George and Prince Michael. She is a first cousin of Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia.
Katarina is distantly in the line of succession to the British throne as a descendant of Victoria, Queen of the United Kingdom. Following the death of her mother in 2013 she became the senior female descendant of Queen Victoria, from whom she descends paternally through Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and maternally through Alice, Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine. As the granddaughter of Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, she is a grand-niece of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, consort of Queen Elizabeth II.
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Cordon of the Order of Saint Sava
- Rwandan Royal Family: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown
- Two Sicilian Royal Family: Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I
- Shaw, edited by Charles Kidd ; assistant editor Christine (2007). Debrett's peerage & baronetage : comprises information concerning the royal family, the peerage and baronetage (147th ed.). Richmond, Surrey: Debrett's. p. 99. ISBN 978-1-870520-80-5. Retrieved 20 January 2011.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Top 5 Debutante Balls of the world". Guest of a Guest. Retrieved 30 December 2017.
- "top 100 in line to the throne". Channel 4 News. 27 March 2009.
- "but can we say toilet". Daily Mail. 9 July 2013.
- "afternoon tea etiquette". issue. 3 November 2013.
- Royal Family
- King of Rwanda
- Official website
- Royal Etiquette and Butler Training
- Kay, Richard, "Nine lives of Princess Katarina...", Daily Mail, 23 April 2012.
|Lines of succession|
Prince Tomislav of Yugoslavia
| Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Alfred, son of Victoria
Victoria de Silva