Princess Lalla Malika of Morocco
|Princess Lalla Malika|
|Princess of Morocco|
Princess Lalla Malika.
14 March 1933 |
|Spouse||Sharif Moulay Muhammad Cherkaoui
|Issue||Sharif Moulay Sulaiman Cherkaoui
Sharif Moulay Omar Cherkaoui
Sharif Moulay Mehdi Cherkaoui
Sharifa Lalla Rabia Cherkaoui
|Mother||Lalla Abla bint Tahar|
|Moroccan Royal Family|
HRH Princess Lalla Lamia
Princess Lalla Malika (born 14 March 1933) is a sister of the late King Hassan II of Morocco, and daughter of King Mohammed V of Morocco and his second wife, Lalla Abla bint Tahar. She has been the chairwoman of the Moroccan Red Crescent since 1967.
At the Dar al-Makhzin in Rabat, on 16 August 1961, she was married (in a triple ceremony with her sisters, Aisha and Fatima) to Lieutenant-General Sharif Moulay Muhammad Cherkaoui (1921-2002), Ambassador to France 1961-1964, President of the Permanent Consultative Committee of the Maghreb 1964, Minister for Finance and the National Economy 1964-1965, for Development 1965-1966, Foreign Affairs 1966-1967, and National Defence 1967, President of the Afro-Asian Economic Co-operation.
They had the following children:
- Sharif Moulay Sulaiman Cherkaoui.
- Sharif Moulay Omar Cherkaoui.
- Sharif Moulay Mehdi Cherkaoui.
- Sharifa Lalla Rabia Cherkaoui.
- Morocco: HM the King Inaugurates in Tetouan HRH Princess Lalla Malika Center allAfrica.com, 26 August 2011
- HRH Princess Lalla Malika chairs official celebration commemorating World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day Maroc.ma, 10 May 2014
- "MOROCCO12". royalark.net.
|This Moroccan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|