Princess Maria di Grazia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
|Princess Maria di Grazia|
12 August 1878|
|Died||20 June 1973
|Burial||Royal Chapel, Dreux, France|
|Spouse||Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza|
|Issue||Prince Pedro Henrique
Prince Luiz Gastão
Princess Pia Maria
|House||House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
House of Orléans-Braganza
|Father||Prince Alfonso, Count of Caserta|
|Mother||Princess Antonietta of Bourbon-Two Sicilies|
Princess Maria di Grazia (Full Italian name: Maria delle Grazie Pia Chiara Anna Teresa Isabella Luitgarda Apollonia Agata Cecilia Filomena Antonia Lucia Cristina Caterina di Borbone ) (12 August 1878 – 20 June 1973) was a princess of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and princess of Orléans-Braganza through her marriage to Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza.
Maria was the daughter of Prince Alfonso of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Count of Caserta and his wife Princess Antonietta of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
Marriage and issue
Maria married Prince Luiz Maria of Orléans-Braganza, son of Prince Gaston of Orléans, Count of Eu and his wife Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil, on 4 November 1908 in Cannes, France. Maria and Luiz had three children:
- Prince Pedro Henrique Afonso Felipe Maria Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (13 September 1909 – 5 July 1981)
- ∞ Princess Maria Elisabeth of Bavaria (1914–2011) at Nymphenburg Palace on 19 August 1937. Pedro Henrique and Maria had twelve children.
- Prince Luiz Gastão Antônio Maria Filipe Miguel Gabriel Rafael Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (19 February 1911 – 8 September 1931)
- Princess Pia Maria Raniera Isabella Antonia Vitoria Thereza Amélia Gerarda Raimunda Anna Micaela Rafaela Gabriela Gonzaga of Orléans-Braganza (4 March 1913 – 24 October 2000)
- ∞ René, Count de Nicolay at Paris on 12 August 1933. Pia Maria and René had three sons.
Dom Luiz died in 1920 leaving Maria a widow for the remainder of her life. In 1922, Maria accompanied the Brazilian Imperial Family to Brazil for the country's centennial celebrations of its independence. During the course of the trip, the Count of Eu died while recumbent upon her shoulder.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
- 12 August 1878 – 4 November 1908: Her Royal Highness Princess Maria di Grazia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
- 4 November 1908 – 20 June 1973: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Maria di Grazia of Orléans-Braganza
- Knight of the Order of St. Elizabeth of Bavaria
- Dame Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
- Dame Grand Cross of Justice of the Order of Pedro I of Brazil
- Darryl Lundy (1 May 2005). "Maria di Grazia Pia Chiara Anna di Borbone, Principessa di Borbone delle Due Sicilie". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 11 October 2008.
- Paul Theroff. "TWO SICILIES". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 11 October 2008.
- Daniel Jones. "Naissance de Maria delle Grazie di Borbone". basesdocumentaires-cg06.fr. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
Media related to Princess Maria di Grazia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies at Wikimedia Commons