Princess Shruti of Nepal
|Princess of Nepal|
15 October 1976|
Narayanhiti Royal Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal
|Died||1 June 2001
King Birendra Military Hospital, Chhauni, Nepal
(victim of the Nepalese royal massacre)
|Spouse||Kumar Gorakh Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana|
|Issue||Girvani Rajya Laxmi
Surangana Rajya Laxmi
|House||Shah dynasty (by birth)
Rana dynasty (by marriage)
|Father||Birendra Bir Bikram Shah|
|Mother||Aishwarya Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah|
Princess Shruti Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah (Nepali: श्रुती राज्यलक्ष्मी देवी शाह) (15 October 1976 – 1 June 2001) was the daughter of King Birendra and Queen Aishwarya, and sister of King Dipendra and Prince Nirajan.
Princess Shruti studied at Kanti Ishwari Sishu Vidhyalaya in Tripureswar, Nepal, St. Mary's School in Kathmandu, Nepal, and later at Mayo College Girls School in Ajmer, India. She completed her bachelor's degree at Padma Kanya Campus in Nepal.
Marriage and Family
She was married to Kumar Gorakh Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, a member of an aristocratic Rana family of Nepal, descendants of Maharaja Chandra Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana on 7 May 1997 in Kathmandu. They had two daughters:
- Girvani Rajya Laxmi (born on 22 January 1998 in Kathmandu).
- Surangana Rajya Laxmi (born on 2 October 2000 in Thapatali,Kathmandu).
On 5 December 2008 in Kathmandu, Kumar Gorakh Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, married Deepti Chand, a humanities student at Kathmandu's Padma Kanya Multiple Campus, who is also the niece of a former royalist prime minister Lokendra Bahadur Chand.
- National Honours
- Member First Class of the Order of Gorkha Dakshina Bahu (29/12/1995).
- Commemorative Silver Jubilee Medal of King Birendra (31/01/1997).
- Bisista Sewa Padak [Special Service Medal] (1999).
- Foreign Honours
- France : Grand Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour (20/09/1994).
- Germany : Dame Grand Cross Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (25/11/1996).
|Ancestors of Princess Shruti of Nepal|
|This biography of a member of a Nepalese royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|