Princess Sophie Friederike of Thurn and Taxis
|Princess Sophie Friederike of Thurn and Taxis|
|Princess Sophie Friederike Radziwiłł|
20 July 1758|
Regensburg, Free Imperial City of Regensburg, Holy Roman Empire
|Died||31 May 1800(aged 41)|
|Spouse||Prince Hieronim Wincenty Radziwiłł
|Issue||Prince Dominik Hieronim Radziwiłł|
|House||House of Thurn and Taxis
House of Radziwiłł
House of Kazanowski
House of Ostroróg
|Father||Karl Anselm, 4th Prince of Thurn and Taxis|
|Mother||Duchess Auguste of Württemberg|
Princess Sophie Friederike Dorothea Henriette of Thurn and Taxis, full German name: Sophie Friederike Dorothea Henriette, Prinzessin von Thurn und Taxis (20 July 1758 in Regensburg, Free Imperial City of Regensburg, Holy Roman Empire – 31 May 1800) was a member of the House of Thurn and Taxis and a Princess of Thurn and Taxis by birth and a member of the House of Radziwiłł and Princess Radziwiłł through her marriage to Prince Hieronim Wincenty Radziwiłł. Sophie Friederike was briefly a member of the Kazanowski and Ostroróg Polish noble families through subsequent marriages. She was known as "the Jewel of Regensburg."
Sophie Friederike was the second child and daughter of Karl Anselm, 4th Prince of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Duchess Auguste of Württemberg. She was an elder sister of Karl Alexander, 5th Prince of Thurn and Taxis.
Marriage and issue
Sophie Friederike married Prince Hieronim Wincenty Radziwiłł, son of Michał Kazimierz "Rybeńko" Radziwiłł and his wife Anna Luiza Mycielska, on 31 December 1775 in Regensburg, Free Imperial City of Regensburg, Holy Roman Empire. Sophie Friederike and Hieronim Wincenty had one son:
- Prince Dominik Hieronim Radziwiłł (4 August 1786 – 11 November 1813)
Sophie Friederike married for a second time to Prince Andrzej Kazanowski around 1795 and for a third time to Count Mikołaj Ostroróg around 1797.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 20 July 1758 – 31 December 1775: Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie Friederike of Thurn and Taxis
- 31 December 1775 – c. 1795: Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie Friederike Radziwiłł, Princess of Thurn and Taxis
- c. 1795 – c. 1797: Her Serene Highness Princess Sophie Friederike Kazanowski, Princess of Thurn and Taxis
- c. 1797 – 31 May 1800: Her Serene Highness Countess Sophie Friederike Ostroróg, Princess of Thurn and Taxis
|Ancestors of Princess Sophie Friederike of Thurn and Taxis|
- Darryl Lundy (13 Dec 2008). "Sophie Friederike Dorothea Henriette Prinzessin von Thurn und Taxis". ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Paul Theroff. "THURN und TAXIS". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Raymond Sypniewski, B.S., M.A. (July 7, 2007). "The Radziwill Dynasty: From Pagan Times to the 1960s - Part Two". The Courtly Lives of Kings, Peerage, Saints, Knights, and the Commoners and Their Arts, Architecture, Genealogy, Heraldry, History, and Literature. Retrieved 2010-01-01. External link in