Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
|Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark|
|Duchess di Castel Duino|
Princess Eugenie as a child
10 February 1910|
|Died||13 February 1989
|Spouse||Prince Dominik Radziwiłł
Prince Raimundo, Duke of Castel Duino
|Issue||Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł
Prince Jerzy Radziwiłł
Prince Carlo Alessandro, Duke of Castel Duino
|Father||Prince George of Greece and Denmark|
|Mother||Princess Marie Bonaparte|
Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Ευγενία της Ελλάδας και Δανίας) (10 February 1910 – 13 February 1989) was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Marie Bonaparte, daughter of Prince Roland Bonaparte, a great-nephew of Napoleon I. Her father was the second son of George I of Greece and Olga Constantinovna of Russia.
As a cousin of the bridegroom, she was a leading guest at the 1947 wedding of Princess Elizabeth and Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Marriage and issue
- Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł (b. 28 August 1939); married Jean Henri Fruchaud. and has issue. Tatiana was a bridesmaid at the 1962 wedding of Prince Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark.
- Prince Jerzy (George) Andrzej Dominik Hieronim Piotr Leon Radziwiłł (4 November 1942 – 27 August 2001)
- Prince Carlo Alessandro della Torre e Tasso, Duke di Castel Duino (b. 10 February 1952); married Veronique Lantz and had issue.
|Ancestors of Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark|
Titles, styles, honours, and arms
Titles and styles
- 10 February 1910 – 30 May 1938: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
- 30 May 1938 – 28 November 1949: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie Radziwiłł
- 28 November 1949 – 11 May 1965: Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Castel Duino
- 11 May 1965 – 13 February 1989: Her Royal Highness Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
- Paul Theroff. "Greece". An Online Gotha. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- Royal Collection: Seating plan for the Ball Supper Room http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/royalwedding1947/object.asp?grouping=&exhibs=NONE&object=9000366&row=82&detail=magnify
- Brewer-Ward, Daniel A. (also known as Daniel Willis), The House of Habsburg: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Empress Maria Theresia, Clearfield Co., Inc., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, Maryland, 1966, p. 166.
- Coronation of Elizabeth II