Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark
|Born||Tatiana Ellinka Blatnik|
28 August 1980
Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (m. 2010)
|House||Glücksburg (by marriage)|
|Father||Ladislav Vladimir Blatnik|
|Mother||Marie Blanche Bierlein|
|Greek royal family|
Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark (born Tatiana Ellinka Blatnik, 28 August 1980) is the wife of Prince Nikolaos, son of Constantine II, who reigned as King of Greece until the monarchy was abolished in 1973.
Family and early life
Tatiana Blatnik was born in Caracas, Venezuela, and was raised in Switzerland. Tatiana and her brother, Boris Blatnik (born on 21 February 1978), are the natural children of Ladislav Vladimir Blatnik, born in Slovenia, and Marie Blanche Bierlein (born in Munich on 10 December 1954). Her maternal grandparents are Ernst Bierlein, born in Munich on 26 February 1920, and wife (married in Munich on 21 February 1945) Countess Ellinka Karin Harriet von Einsiedel, born in Würmegg on 26 July 1922, this latter by whom she is a descendant of William II, Elector of Hesse. Her biological father died when she was six, and she was raised by her mother. Her stepfather, Attilio Brillembourg, is the owner of a New York area financial services company.
Tatiana studied at Aiglon College, then at Georgetown University graduating in 2003 with a degree in sociology. Until July 2010, when she resigned to concentrate on her wedding plans, Tatiana had worked in the publicity department as an event planner for fashion designer Diane von Fürstenberg.
Engagement and marriage
Prince Nikolaos's engagement to Tatiana Blatnik, with whom he had been in a long-term relationship, was announced on 28 December 2009, by the office of King Constantine in London. Blatnik and Prince Nikolaos were married in the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, Spetses, Greece, on 25 August 2010.
Notable published works
Titles and styles
- 28 August 1980 – 25 August 2010: Miss Tatiana Blatnik
- 25 August 2010 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark
- "Tatiana de Grecia: "Para mi marido era un sueño volver a su país y soy feliz haciendo realidad ese sueño"". abc. 25 June 2016.
- "Πριγκίπισσα Τατιάνα - Royal Greek Family". www.greekroyalfamily.gr.
- "www.the peerage.com".[unreliable source?]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The Greek Royal Family website". Prince Nikolaos' engagement announcement. Archived from the original on 21 January 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2009.
- "A Taste of Greece: Recipes, Cuisine & Culture: Princess Tatiana, Diana Farr Louis: 0884581126416: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "Memorial Service at Tatoi - Royal Greek Family". www.greekroyalfamily.gr.
- "La boda de Carlos Felipe de Suecia y Sofía Hellqvist, en imágenes". El Confidencial. 13 June 2015.