Princesses: Long Island
|Princesses: Long Island|
|Opening theme||"Baby Come Home" by the Scissor Sisters|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||40 to 43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||True Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||June 2– August 4, 2013|
Princesses: Long Island chronicles six young Jewish women from the boomerang generation who reside at home with their parents in various communities on Long Island. It follows the group as they go out on the social scene, look for their future husbands as well as their family dynamic. It is said that when you are Jewish, live on Long Island, are 27, and are still living at home, it's time to panic. The show follows the girls during their struggle to find mates and the pressure of being 27- 30 and not being married as all their other friends and family members have moved on they are still stuck in the same being single rut. The girls also have problems to face with each other.
- Amanda Bertoncini — Age 27: Resides in Great Neck
- Ashlee White — Age 30: Resides in Roslyn
- Casey Cohen — Age 28: Resides in New York City
- Chanel "Coco" Omari — Age 28: Resides in Great Neck
- Erica Gimbel — Age 29: Resides in Old Westbury
- Joey Lauren — Age 30: Resides in Freeport
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers|
|1||"You Had Me at Shalom"||June 2, 2013||1.24|
|In the series premiere, Chanel sits down with her modern Orthodox family for a shabbat dinner, where she is reminded that it's time for her to get married. Amanda goes on a date with her older boyfriend Jeff, and attempts to keep her mother from inviting herself. Ashlee and her father go get manicures and pedicures. Later, Ashlee meets up with Joey to go shopping for her 30th birthday celebration dress. Erica invites the girls over for her pool party— where drama erupts.|
|2||"Shabbocalypse Now"||June 9, 2013||0.88|
|Chanel and Ashlee drive into the city to meet up with Casey. Joey confronts Amanda after the altercation at the pool party. Casey reveals her past with Erica, and is now trying to put the past behind her for the girls' upcoming Hamptons trip. During this week's Shabbat dinner at Chanel's, Casey lets her anger get the best of her.|
|3||"Saved by the Boys"||June 16, 2013||0.78|
|Casey and Erica try to resolve their issues but are unable to reach a resolution. Amanda doesn't want to be involved with the drama so she flees to Jeff's house. Chanel, Casey, Joey and Ashlee scope out the men at brunch, but the attractive ones seem to have sour personalities. The group heads to a daytime party where Joey and Ashlee disagree about each others flirting techniques. Rob rescues Erica but he's unable to control her overbearing partying ways when drama erupts — which has the other girls shocked and worried.|
|4||"Mr. Wrongs Don't Make a Right"||June 23, 2013||0.92|
|The girls celebrate Ashlee's 30th birthday by heading to the club located within a strip mall. Chanel is shocked when her ex-boyfriend shows up. Ashlee, Joey, Chanel, and Casey have a girls weekend getaway at a Jewish singles camp located in Connecticut but an incoming storm puts a damper on their plans. While back on Long Island, Amanda and her mother go with Erica to a club — where Erica is ready to let loose.|
|5||"Intermenschion"||June 30, 2013||0.73|
|After the confrontation with her ex, Amanda goes with Chanel out of town in order to lift her spirits. Erica continues to fall through with her plans, which leads Chanel to conclude that their friendship is falling due to Erica's drinking. Casey is willing to help Erica but she is unwilling to take the advice. Joey and Amanda stay out of the drama by working while Ashlee indulges in a few dates.|
|6||"Coco Loco"||July 7, 2013||0.92|
|Ashlee, Joey and Casey are willing to try anything in order to find their perfect Jewish boyfriends so they take a chance by speed dating. Like any place the girls go, drama seems to find its way between Joey and Ashlee. Amanda is spending her time planning a white party to launch the Drink Hanky. Chanel and her little sister go wedding dress shopping, which fuels her want for a husband. At the launch party, Chanel ends up in an altercation with a fellow party attendee.|
|7||"Who Are You, the Pope?"||July 14, 2013||0.86|
|Chanel, embarrassed after her behavior at the party, visits her rabbi for some spiritual healing. Erica and Rob's relationship becomes quite real when the two shop for a home. Ashlee and Joey get into another argument once Joey learns that Ashlee is gossiping behind her back to the group. Fed up with it all, Joey ends up confronting Ashlee about what she has done and things get worse.|
|8||"Always a Bridesmaid"||July 21, 2013||0.88|
|Joey's father gives her a ninety-day deadline to move out of the house. Meanwhile, Chanel is going through a shakeup of her own as her younger sister's wedding date has arrived, and it's a classic Great Neck modern orthodox Jewish wedding.|
|9||"The Elephant in the Vineyard"||July 28, 2013||0.79|
|Erica invited all on a trip to a vineyard paired with a beautiful day out on her father’s boat. Erica thought this would be a great way to bring all the girls together, but it actually ended up tearing them apart. Erica began to worry that the drama between Ashlee and Joey would explode on her father’s boat, so she took matters into her own hands and addressed the tension between the two of them at the vineyard. Ashlee and Joey started bickering back and forth once again. Ashlee discovered that Erica was lying to her about keeping her comments secret, Ashlee bashed Joey’s family, and Chanel stood up for Ashlee’s actions. Ashlee started to have a nervous breakdown and called her parents to pick her up. Chanel stayed behind with Ashlee and missed out on the boat outing. Ashlee got lost.|
|10||"Sunrise, Sunset"||August 4, 2013||0.89|
|In the season finale, Erica and Joey spend the day drinking and out on the lake while Chanel continues to look for Ashlee. The girls get a text that Ashlee is in the hospital. The group is still divided between due to the argument between Joey and Ashlee. All the broken friendships around Chanel cause her to attempt to fix everything. As Rosh Hashanah comes closer, Chanel plans to bring all of the Princesses together to a Tashlikh in order to cast away their previous sins.|
- Bibel, Sara (April 17, 2013). "'Princesses: Long Island' to Premiere Sunday, June 2 on Bravo". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Gay, Verne (April 8, 2014). "'Princesses: Long Island' has been canceled". Newsday. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- "Bravo Media Greenlights Unprecedented 17 New and 18 Returning Unscripted Series, Increasing Original Programming by 15 Percent". The Futon Critic. April 7, 2013. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Gay, Verne (May 9, 2013). "'Princesses Long Island,' a first look". Newsday. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night + 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'Real Housewives of New Jersey', 'Breaking Amish', 'Mad Men' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (June 11, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, 'Falling Skies', 'Mad Men', 'Army Wives', 'Veep', 'The Client List' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 18, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Wins Night + Sprint Cup Racing, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'Falling Skies', 'Real Housewives of NJ' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (June 25, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Skywire Live' Wins Night, 'True Blood', 'Falling Skies', 'Mad Men', 'Drop Dead Diva' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "BET Awards 2013" Dominate the Competition". The Futon Critic. July 2, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "True Blood" Holds Off Competition for HBO". The Futon Critic. July 10, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "True Blood" Continues Its Reign for HBO". The Futon Critic. July 16, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (July 23, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'True Blood' Wins Night, 'Naked and Afraid', 'Falling Skies', 'Dexter', 'Devious Maids', 'The Newsroom' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Sunday's Cable Ratings: "True Blood" Remains on Top for HBO". The Futon Critic. July 30, 2013. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (August 6, 2013). "Sunday Cable Ratings:'True Blood' & 'Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives' Win Night, 'Dexter', 'Devious Maids', 'The Killing', 'The Newsroom' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.