Princeton Community High School
|Princeton Community High School|
|1101 North Main Street
Princeton, Indiana, Gibson County 47670
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||North Gibson School Corporation|
|Teaching staff||41.57 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.54|
3A (A for soccer)
|Athletics conference||Big Eight Conference|
|Nickname||Tigers / Lady Tigers|
|Website||Princeton Community High School|
Princeton Community High School is a four-year comprehensive secondary school in Princeton, Indiana. The high school is a part of the North Gibson School Corporation. The school operates a television station, W06BD, from studios at the high school. Princeton Community is one of the three high schools serving Gibson County, Indiana. The others are Gibson Southern and Wood Memorial.
Princeton Community High School was opened in the early 1970s to replace old Princeton High School, which became crowded due to the public school consolidations of the previous few decades.
A new High School opened in August 2012. Princeton Community Middle School is now located in the former Princeton Community High School resulting in a centralized Middle-High School Campus.
- Steve Hauger (2014 - present)
- Jon Abbey (2002–2014)
- James E. Isaacs (1994-2002)
- Lawrence Ramsey (1970-1994)
Sports offered at PCHS are:
- boys' baseball
- boys' and girls' basketball
- boys' and girls' cross country
- boys' football
- boys' and girls' golf
- boys' and girls' soccer
- girls' softball
- boys' and girls' tennis
- boys and girls' track
- girls' volleyball
- boys' wrestling
|Princeton Community High School
IHSAA Athletic State Championships
|Boys' Basketball (Class AAA)||1||2009|
|Girls' Basketball (Class AAA)||1||2015|
The boys' basketball team took the 3A state title in the 2008-2009 season, going undefeated.
The girls' basketball team also won the 3A state title in the 2014-2015 season, posting a 30-1 record.
- Gary Denbo - baseball coach and executive
- Blair Hrovat - coached football at PCHS, was formerly a college head coach at Allegheny College
- Jackie Young - current holder of the Indiana State Basketball Scoring Record.
- staff (2013–2014). "2013-14 IHSAA School Directory" (.pdf). IHSAA. p. 18. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Princeton Comm High Sch". ed.gov. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Princeton Community High School - Athletic Department Overview
- IHSAA Basketball State Champions