Principality of Wy
|Principality of Wy
Motto: Ex Municipalis Vincit
|15 November 2004|
The Principality of Wy is an Australian micronation based in the Sydney suburb of Mosman. In 1993 the Delprat family applied to build a driveway to their house over bushland in a reserve, leading to a long-running battle with the Mosman council. On 15 November 2004, Paul Delprat, the principal of an art school, seceded from Mosman, although not from Australia, styling himself "Prince Paul" of the Principality of Wy. After 20 years of seeking planning permission, he lost his appeal in 2013; the appeal cost the council AU$ 130,000 to defend.
- "Prince of Wy Paul Delprat loses driveway court battle". Daily Telegraph. 17 July 2013.
- "Lamb Island residents see chance of nationhood arrive". The Guardian. 18 October 2013.
- "Don't like the country you live in? Start your own". Otago Daily Times. 6 May 2010.
- "‘Why, Willoughby begins with a W, Wy begins with a W, it’s all quite wonderful my dear!’". Daily Telegraph. 14 April 2017.
- "Mosman Council will not push for rate rise above capped amount of 2.3 per cent". Daily Telegraph. 3 January 2014.
- "Meeting of the Mini Me brigade". The Sydney Morning Herald. 17 April 2010.
- "Delegates make it regal at summit". The National. 19 April 2010.
- "Micronationalism Conference". Maquarie University.