Prinsesa ng Banyera
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Prinsesa ng Banyera|
Sino ang tunay na prinsesa?
|Genre||Drama, Soap opera, Teleserye|
|Directed by||Andoy Ranay
Rechie A. Del Carmen
Angelika dela Cruz
|Theme music composer||George Canseco|
|Ending theme||"Dito Ba?" by Sheryn Regis|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||157|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||October 8, 2007– May 23, 2008|
|Followed by||Ligaw na Bulaklak|
Prinsesa ng Banyera (lit. Princess of the Fish Bucket) is a weekday daytime telenovela of ABS-CBN, from October 8, 2007 to May 23, 2008 which aired after Wowowee. It stars Kristine Hermosa and Angelika dela Cruz with TJ Trinidad, Rafael Rosell and Ara Mina. It ruled the afternoon programming and was also shown worldwide through The Filipino Channel Weekdays and its affiliate Kapamilya Channel, and Saturdays as a 5-episode Marathon.
The TV series also aired in Malaysia via TV3 (Malaysia) weekdays in 2010.
The TV Series marked Kristine Hermosa's comeback to television drama and her first daytime telenovela for the network. This marked her second pairing with her successful team up with actor TJ Trinidad after Gulong ng Palad. The series was also a planned primetime project. The series was also delayed one week internationally but aired the entire first week on its Saturday afternoon block on TFC. The series received well with mixed reviews because it used formulas from Mexican and Filipino storylines. This also served a comeback for 80's model and actress Lyka Ugarte in her acting career. The series was moved to 2:45 pm after timeslot issues. This marked Angelika de la Cruz's second television rivalry with Kristine Hermosa after the 2003-2004 internationally acclaimed drama Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas after Angelika de la Cruz departed from her home network. In late 2007, Ara Mina and Oyo Sotto from GMA-7 transferred to the network as regulars and successfully raised ratings.
Prinsesa Ng Banyera is an afternoon soap opera on ABS-CBN and became the first afternoon drama with a primetime storyline.
The story revolves around the fish market, and the real lives of people in the underworld where men rule the ports. While Maningning has hopes of finding her sister Mayumi (Angelika de la Cruz), who is now Daphne Pierra, the latter was adopted by a rich prominent family and a scheming mother (Lyka Ugarte). Mayumi who now lives the life she ever wanted never knew her faith and true identity will creep back to her as Maningning is now a laundry woman for the Pierra's. As she hides the truth that she is skipping school to give her brother Habagat, a good life and saving money for an education into this dismay Daphne. She does not know that Maningning is her sister whose fiancee Charles (Rafael Rosell) has a certain like for Maningning, but Daphne, is not even wanted by Charles' mother. So, Daphne has plans to ruin Maningning and as time begins to creep up, Maningning finds out Daphne's real identity. Their last remembrance together now is at their home in the pier as they reunite but someone ends up shooting Daphne unknowingly and Maningning is blamed by Daphne's mother. A new woman arrives by the name of Cassandra Ynarez (Ara Mina) who ends up doing harm in Maningning's life.
|Kristine Hermosa||Maningning Burgos||Maningning is very loving and caring towards her family. Since childhood, she has always been the darling of the fish port where she is endearingly called the "Prinsesa ng Banyera" — the tough chick among the equally tough men who are her dear and precious friends, the rose among the thorns. She is the twin sister of Mayumi Burgos/Daphne Pertierra.
She is beautiful and sweet-looking but is tough. She is also sincere and kindhearted yet practical and honest.
|Angelika dela Cruz||Mayumi Burgos||Mayumi is the selfish and manipulative twin of Maningning. Since childhood, she dreams to be rich and have a lavish life for herself even if it meant abandoning the people who love her, including her mother and sister. Everything she ever wanted was not meant for her but is actually destined for her sister, Maningning.|
|Ara Mina||Cassandra Ynarez||Sigmund Pertierra's long lost daughter. She and Eleanor team up to make Maningning's life miserable. She wants Sigmund to pay for all the pain he caused to her and her family.|
|TJ Trinidad||Eric Fragante||Grew up without knowing who his real parents are, but is content and happy with his life. He is good-looking in a dirty, dowdy way. Eric is now a jeepney driver with a dream of becoming a lawyer. Eric is one of Maningning’s friends in the neighborhood, the one who truly cares for her.|
|Rafael Rosell||Charles Perrei||The rich handsome son of Rosa. Has always been Mayumi’s object of affection. Mayumi does not know it is her twin sister he truly loves. His rival to Maningning’s heart is his own brother; Eric Fragante.|
|Jacklyn Jose||Virgie Burgos||The mother of twins, Maningning and Mayumi. In her pursuit to love unconditionally, Virgie falls victim to the exploitation of others. Her simple heart cannot fathom the tragic events in her life. So she lived her live bitter and full of rage.|
|Dino Imperial||Habagat Burgos||Maningning and Mayumi's handsome teenage brother. He is a good son and a good student but will later on be caught in the ways of crime and illegal business. Habagat is a typical teenager who is pressured with having the finer things in life. He will eventually fall in love with sweet Sandy.|
|Shamaine Centenera-Buencamino||Rosa Perrei||Long-time best friend of Virgie who works at the bar as a hostess. Because of money, she fooled her own best friend. Now, she’s a high society girl, married to a foreign diplomat. If people find out her awful past, her dreams will be shattered. Rosa doesn't know that Eric is the son that she gave up.|
|Lollie Mara||Doña Consuelo||Dona Consuelo is still the strong-willed and dominating matriarch of Sigmund’s household. Despite her disposition, her age starts to drag her slower as she becomes more compassionate, and understanding.|
|Allan Paule||Sigmund Pertierra||In his prime, he was the town rich brat who fell in love with Virgie. He is an obedient son to his mother, even to a fault. But whenever his mother is away, he rebels in his own way. At present, he is married to Eleanor.|
- Oyo Boy Sotto as Victor Abad
- Andi Eigenmann as Sandy
- Stella Cañete as Nay Myrna
- Neil Ryan Sese as Harry Medina
- Frances Makil-Ignacio as Mayor Violeta Villar
- Jon "Chokoleit" Garcia as Chita
- Ketchup Eusebio as Bukol
- Micah Muñoz as Octopus
- Ping Medina as Armand Arellano
- Maricar De Mesa-Allado as Lilibeth
- Lyka Ugarte as Eleanor
- Mark Denzel Delgado as Bryan
- Lance Jericho Reblando as Pusit
- Micah Roi Torre as Ula
- Isabel Blaesi
- Nonie Buencamino as Joel Burgos
- Denise Laurel as Teen Virgie
- Ira Eigenmann as Teen Rosa
- Joem Bascon as Teen Sigmund
- Joseph Bitangcol as Teen Harry
- Jeremiah Rosales as Teen Joel
- Jane Oineza as Young Maningning
- Kathryn Bernardo as Young Mayumi
- Kristofer Martin Dangculos as Young Eric
- Kyle Balili as Young Bukol
- Basty Alcances as Young Octopus
- Karlos Buted as Young Armand
- Arlene Sebastian as Rosanna
- Jill Paragas as Antonia
- Relleyson Salazar as Goku
- Janelle Rhoan Cruz Silan as Hooker
- Director: Andoy Ranay, Rechie Del Carmen
- Business Unit Head: Enrico Santos
- Production Manager: Rizza Ebriega
- Executive Producer: Ellen Criste
- Creative Manager: Jake Tordesillas
- Headwriter: Keiko Aquino
- Writers: Lobert Villela, Genesis Rodriguez, Bridgette Ann Rebuca, Jerik de Guzman, Rizalino Pinlac
- This is Kristine Hermosa's second soap with TJ Trinidad after their very successful soap opera Gulong ng Palad back in 2006.
- Both of the lead stars were former girlfriends of Jericho Rosales.
- Andi Eigenmann (who played Sandy) is actually Jaclyn Jose's daughter in real life and this is her first Teleserye before being the lead in 2010 TV series Agua Bendita on ABS-CBN.
- This is Angelika de la Cruz and Kristine Hermosa's reunion series after their hit series Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas.
- This was Angelika de la Cruz's last TV series on ABS-CBN before she transferred to GMA-7.
- Due to Angelika de la Cruz's departure from ABS-CBN to GMA-7, Ara Mina replaced her. Also added is Oyo Sotto. Both stars are from GMA-7 transferred to ABS-CBN.
- This became an ABS-CBN's highest-rated daytime television series that ran for 9 months straight and the first Rivalry and casting for Kristine Hermosa and Ara Mina.
- ABS-CBN adapted the soap to have a characteristic to fairy tales but set in much of a different world Pinoy style in the gamble outskirts of poverty markets and in gambling world where there is only one princess and who is the real heiress after Angelika de la Cruz's character Mayumi/Daphne's death in a different world where men rule the courtyards and woman were just housewives.
- This television series began rumors of Kristine Hermosa and Oyo Boy Sotto seeing each other and became eventually true.
- The court case between Kristine Hermosa's character that she killed her sister (which was not true) had to have an advisory by ABS-CBN because of its fictional yet real-life situation.
- Conflict on the set sparked between Past Resident Director Andoy Ranay and Kristine Hermosa sparked news on each sides, and was mostly the biggest news on television and showbiz magazine variety talk shows on its run.