|Werner Heid, CEO & President|
|Products||Industrial Printing Solutions|
Number of employees
Printronix is an American supplier of line matrix printers. For more than 40 years, Printronix has been addressing global customer needs in the supply chain space by providing enterprise grade industrial printing solutions. Featuring robust energy-saving line matrix printers, Printronix products streamline operations, reduce costs and help organizations sharpen their competitive edge.
With its headquarters in Irvine, California, Printronix employs personnel through its 14 offices worldwide.
Printronix’s printers are primarily used in industrial environments for printing high-volume labels, bar-codes, invoices, manifest and bill of lading documents, delivery sheets, reports, build/broadcast sheets, green bar and bank statements. In 2013 Printronix introduced design enhancements and improved functionality with the P8000 Cartridge Printer series to achieve the broadest flexibility, greatest compatibility and lowest ownership cost of virtually any other print technology. The series builds upon the workhorse tradition of all Printronix line matrix technology delivering maximum uptime, low cost of ownership, and reliable performance. The P8000 series is the ideal solution for buyers looking to minimize operating expense without sacrificing output reliability, regardless of operating environment.
PrintNet Enterprise Suite (PNE), a web-based application allowing administrators to network and manage all Printronix line-matrix printers from a single computer, was launched in 2007. PNE gives the user total control of their worldwide print operation, your fleet is at your fingertips with PrintNet Enterprise. By combining the recommended integrated Ethernet adapter and Java-based software, remote printer management extends your reach from anywhere you have a computer and connectivity.
- Configure and monitor printers from any desktop computer and any location in the world.
- Designate events and be alerted to printer issues with email and mobile phone alerts.
- Complete compatibility with any Printronix printer when equipped with the optional Ethernet.
 Besides its printers, Printronix also offers consumables, parts, accessories, service and software.
Printronix was founded in 1974 by Robert A. Kleist and business partner Gordon Barrus, and David Mayne. Working out of a garage in Playa Del Rey, California, the Printronix team developed a 300-line-per-minute (LPM) prototype line printer, called the P300 series.
In January 2008, Printronix was acquired by Vector Capital and became a private company and in 2009 Printronix acquired its closest competitor, TallyGenicom. As a result of the TallyGenicom acquisition, Printronix now owns the intellectual property for the TallyGenicom line printers. Printronix was acquired by Corona Investment Partners, a New York City based private investment firm in January 2013.
Werner Heid was appointed CEO of Printronix in 2015, taking over from Randy Eisenbach who retired from the board after a 6-year tenure. Heid was the CEO of Iomega Corp before taking over the reins at Printronix.
- 1976: Printronix goes Public and trades on the Nasdaq.
- 1981: Opens Holland manufacturing facility and expands global operations to Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
- 1985: Operations expand into Asia-Pacific with the opening of the Singapore Facility.
- 1995: Printronix enters the Indian Market and signs agreement with Wipro.
- 1998: Expansion into the China Market.
- 2001: Printronix acquires RJS and enters the scanner/ verifier market.
- 2008: Acquired by Vector Capital, Printronix becomes a Private Company.
- 2009: Printronix acquires TallyGenicom.
- 2013: Corona Investments acquires Printronix.
- "PrintNet Enterprise – Printronix". printronix.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Products – Printronix". printronix.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- Webster, Edward (2000). Print unchained : fifty years of digital printing, 1950-2000 and beyond : a saga of invention and enterprise. West Dover, Vt.: DRA of Vermont. p. 137. ISBN 0-9702617-0-5.
- Printronix announces completion of acquisition by Vector Capital
- Printronix Named Winning Bidder in Acquisition of U.S.-Based Assets of TallyGenicom
- "BDA advises on divestment of Printronix to Corona Investment Partners | BDA Partners Ltd". www.bdapartners.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Irvine Printer Maker Names CEO | Orange County Business Journal". www.ocbj.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- MURPHY, BARBARA (1998-01-27). "Eltron Sells RJS Name and Bar-Code Unit". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- Journal, RFID. "RFID Printer Maker Printronix Acquired for $108M - Page 1 - RFID Journal". www.rfidjournal.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "TallyGenicom". tallygenicom.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "BDA Advises on Divestment of Printronix to Corona Investment Partners - PR.com". www.pr.com. Retrieved 2016-08-16.