This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the context of medical evaluation it is the establishment of the importance or the urgency of actions that are necessary to preserve the welfare of client or patient. In the clinical context, establishing priorities aids in the rationale and justification for the use of limited resources. Priority setting is influenced by time, money, and expertise. A risk priority number assessment is one way to establish priorities that may be difficult to establish in a health care setting.
Software has been designed to assist professionals in establishing priorities in a specific business setting.
- ""Prioritization" in Collins English Dictionary – Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition". Dictionary.com. 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Prioritization – definition of prioritization". The Free Dictionary. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Definition of prioritization by Medical dictionary". The Free Dictionary. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Jeffreys, M (2016). Priorization. Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care. Springer Publishing Company. ISBN 978-0-8261-1996-4. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- "Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Risk Priority Number". Institute for Healthcare Improvement. 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Partho (18 February 2009). "Top 10 Time Management Software for Windows". Gaea News Network. Retrieved October 9, 2016.