|Born||Priscilla Meirelles de Almeida
5 September 1983
Belém do Pará, Brazil
|Other names||Priscilla Meirelles|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Spouse(s)||John Estrada (m. 2011)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Globe 2003 (Winner)
Miss Earth 2004 (Winner)
Priscilla Meirelles de Almeida-Estrada (born 5 September 1983) is a Brazilian model, host, actress, environmentalist, and beauty queen. She won the Miss Earth 2004 pageant held in the Philippines. She also won the Miss Globe 2003 pageant. Meirelles has been married to Filipino actor and model John Estrada since March 2011.
Early and personal life
Meirelles was born in the city of Belém do Pará, Brazil, a city of the Brazilian amazon region, represented the Brazilian state of Amazonas in beauty contests by the Brazil, she was chosen Miss Earth Brazil also representing the Amazonas state in 2004. She is of Portuguese, Spanish, and Brazilian descent. Her father Luis Claudio Almeida is an advertising company creative director and her mother, Marcia Regina Meirelles is a businesswoman. Filipino actor, host, and model John Estrada proposed to marry Mereilles on 15 July 2009 at Elbert’s Steak House in Makati. They were married on 26 February 2011 in La Union, Philippines. The couple announced her pregnancy in July 2011 and had a baby shower of their first child on 22 January 2012 held at The Peninsula Manila. She first gave birth to a daughter, Sammanta Anechka, on 6 February 2012.
In 2003, Meirelles represented the State of Amazonas in Miss Globe Brazil held on 15 March that year in Brasília, and was elected, then won the 2003 Miss Globe pageant in Antalya, Turkey on 25 July the same year. On 28 July 2004 she won the Beleza Brazil pageant, held in Belo Horizonte and on 24 October 2004 she became the first Brazilian to be crowned Miss Earth, held in Quezon City (Philippines). She also won the Most Photogenic Award. In winning Miss Earth, Brazil became the first country to win the "Big Four" in beauty pageants
Meirelles co-hosted the Miss Earth pageant coronation night for three succeeding years in the Philippines. She first co-hosted the Miss Earth 2006 won by Hil Hernández of Chile that took place in the grounds of the National Museum in Manila followed by the Miss Earth 2007 pageant won by Jessica Trisko of Canada held at the University of the Philippines Theater in Quezon City, and lastly the Miss Earth 2008 pageant that took place at the Clark Expo Amphitheater in Angeles City, Pampanga where the Philippines' bet Karla Henry won the coveted crown. She was also the chairwoman of the Miss Earth 2009 panel of judges.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2016)
- "As one: John Estrada's and Priscilla Meirelles' wedding", Manila Bulletin, 2 March 2011, retrieved 21 June 2011
- "Priscilla Meirelles fala da família, carreira bem sucedida e Peladão" [Priscilla Meirelles speaks of the family, successful career and beauty pageants of Manaus] (in Portuguese). Acritica from Manaus. December 19, 2015.
- Camposano, Jerni May H. (27 January 2008). "Star Dream Girl: Priscilla Meirelles". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Priscilla Meirelles says yes to John Estrada's proposal". Manila Bulletin. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Priscilla Meirelles throws baby shower". ABS-CBN. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Mereilles gives birth to baby girl". ABS-CBN. 6 February 2012. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- NR, Ramos (7 February 2012). "John Estrada and Priscilla Meirelles now have child". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Miss Globe Official Website
- Adina, Armin (28 November 2006). "Chile beauty is Miss Earth". Inquirer Entertainment. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011. Retrieved 29 August 2008.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn (12 November 2007). "Fil-Canadian Jessica Nicole Trisko crowned Ms. Earth 2007". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Yazon J., Giovanni Paolo (18 November 2007). "Miss Earth 2007: A night of surprises". Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 29 August 2008.
- "Philippine bet is Miss Earth 2008". Entertainment News. ABS-CBN News. 10 November 2008. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Mata, Paul (10 November 2008). "Ms Philippines wins Ms Earth pageant". GMA News. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Requintina, Robert R. (23 November 2009). "Brazilian coed is Miss Earth". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Adina, Armin (24 November 2009). "Brazilian is Miss Earth 2009". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 26 November 2009. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Priscilla Meirelles Instagram Profile
- Priscilla Meirelles Star Magic ABS-CBN
- Priscilla Meirelles Official Site
|Miss Globe International
|Miss Earth Brazil
8 May 2010 – 29 May 2010