Prithivi Nath Kaul Bamzai
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
P. N. K. Bamzai was born in 1910 into a Kashmir Pandit family of scholarly traditions, and received his first lessons in historical research from his father, Anand Koul, who was the pioneer of modern research on the history and folklore of Kashmir.
He graduated from the Panjab University with honours in English Literature. During his tenure as a student, he accumulated a series of accomplishments and awards, notable among which were the Lord Chelsford Gold Medal for all-round best graduate and the Suraj Narain Gold Medal for his research on the social and economic condition of Kashmir during his student life.
Bamzai then joined the Kashmir State Information Department as Special Officer. During this period, he was requested by Sheikh Abdullah to research and write a comprehensive history of Kashmir. In 1954, he joined the Publications Division of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India as Editor of the Illustrated Kashmir. He went on to serve as Editor of almost every journal published by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, and was instrumental in launching the March of India, a journal that recorded the aspirations and advances of an infant nation. Subsequently, he was deputed by the Government of India to work as Adviser to the Government of Ethiopia, where he established the publication wing of the ministry. During this period, he was awarded numerous fellowships and felicitations by several government and non-government organisations for his contribution to Kashmiri history.
Bamzai's articles and papers pertaining to the history of Kashmir have been published in several journals in India and abroad. His books on the subject include A History of Kashmir,  which carries a foreword by Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. A History of Kashmir: Political, Social, Cultural, from the Earliest Times to the Present Day. Delhi: Metropolitan Book Co, 1962. OCLC 1097578
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. Kashmir and Power Politics: From Lake Success to Tashkent. Delhi: Metropolitan Book Co, 1966. OCLC 249511312
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. A History of Kashmir: Political, Social, Cultural, from the Earliest Times to the Present Day. 2nd ed. New Delhi: Metropolitan Book Co, 1973. OCLC 693704
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. Jammu and Kashmir. [New Delhi]: Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India, 1973.
- Koul, Anand, and Prithivi Nath Kaul Bamzai. Geography of the Jammu & Kashmir State. New Delhi: Light & Life Publishers, 1978.
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. Kashmir and Central Asia. New Delhi: Light & Life Publishers, 1980
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. Socio-Economic History of Kashmir, 1846-1925. New Delhi: Metropolitan Book Co, 1987.
- Bamzai, Prithivi Nath Kaul. Culture and Political History of Kashmir. New Delhi: M.D. Publications, 1994.
- v.1 "1, Ancient Kashmir.", v.2 " Medieval Kashmir." v.3 "Modern Kashmir"