Prithvipur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Prithvipur Vidhan Sabha constituency is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. Initially, it came into existence in 1951 as one of the 48 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Vindhya Pradesh state, but it was abolished in 1956. This constituency again came into existence in 2008, following the delimitation of the legislative assembly constituencies.
Prithvipur (constituency number 45) is one of the 5 Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in [[Niwari District ]. This constituency covers the Prithvipur and Jeron Khalsa nagar panchayats and parts of Jatara and Prithvipur tehsils of the district.
Prithivpur is part of Tikamgarh Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Tikamgarh, Jatara, Niwari and Khargapur in this district and Maharajpur, Chhatarpur and Bijawar in Chhatarpur district.
Vicky Verma From Palera District Tikamgarh Madhya Pradesh
Members of Legislative Assembly
As from a constituency of Vindhya Pradesh:
As from a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 2008: Brajendra Singh Rathore, Indian National Congress
- 2013: Aneeta-Suneel Nayak, Bhartiya Janata party
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Vindhya Pradesh" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 230, 250.