Private Media Group
|Traded as||OTC Pink: PRVT|
|Industry||SIC 272 - Periodicals Publishing, or Publishing and Printing|
|Genre||Adult Online Movies, DVD, and magazines|
|Founded||1965 (as Private Magazine)|
|Founder||Berth Milton, Sr.|
|Charles Prast |
|Products||DVDs, Magazines, Licensing, Online dating service, movies & sex toys|
|Revenue||USD $7,938,000 Annual 12 months June(2013)|
|USD($3,312,000) Annual 12 months June (2013)|
|USD (1,374,939) Annual 12 months June(2013)|
|Total assets||USD 8,888,000 June (2013)|
|Total equity||USD (11,513,000) June (2013)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Income information in parenthesis ( ) should be read as negative amounts and considered a loss per SEC Filings
Private Media Group, Inc. is a Swedish production and distribution company that distributes adult entertainment via print publications, DVDs, the internet, and mobile.
Private magazine was established in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1965 as the world's first full-color hardcore magazine by Berth Milton, Sr. In the early 1990s, his son Berth Milton, Jr. took over and moved the company's headquarters to Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain, although the company is incorporated in Nevada. Milton also started to produce movies and internet content, taking Private public soon after.
The firm provides content through DVD, Video on Demand (VOD), Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), PSP, mobile and magazines. It supplies adult entertainment films to thousands of major hotels around the world through their Hotel Pay Per View services. The company also runs the adult channels Private TV (Europe) and Private Gold (Latin America)
In 1998 the company launched Private Circle, a designer clothing label, at the Cannes Film Festival. The label would later be changed to Private Clothing and a boutique would be opened in Los Angeles.
In August 2008 Private Media Group announced it had established an alliance with Marc Dorcel to collaborate in the home video market. The collaboration started with a three-year DVD distribution agreement for France and it's expected that other territories will be added, explore additional opportunities in other territories. It's also expected that Private and Dorcel will join forces in distribution platforms including Internet and IPTV/VOD in both France and across the EU.
The firm's 2009 acquisitions of video on demand companies Gamelink LLC and Sureflix, and the ecommerce technology firm eLine LLC established it as a leading adult content and distribution company in the digital media sector.
In June 2014 the firm announced the released of its full archive of images and (film and video) scenes dating back to the 1960s when Private magazine launched in Sweden. The material is available via a website, PrivateClassics.com.
Private is known for high-budget, adult movies, such as the two-part series Millionaire, directed by Alessandro del Mar, with a reported budget of $1.9 million. In the last few decades, Private has earned more than 130 adult industry awards. The film Millionaire alone earned 16 Venus Award nominations in 2004. Best-selling releases include the Private Gladiator series, Cleopatra, Millionaire and Chateau.
The following is a selection of some of the major awards Private films have won:
- 1994 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Private Video Magazine 1)[dead link]
- 1995 AVN Award – Best Counting Video Series (Private Video Magazine)
- 1995 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Virgin Treasures 1 & 2)[dead link]
- 1996 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (The Tower, Parts 1, 2 & 3)[dead link]
- 1996 AVN Award – Most Outrageous Sex Scene (Private Video Magazine 20)[dead link]
- 1997 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (The Pyramid, Parts 1, 2 & 3)[dead link]
- 1998 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (The Fugitive 1 & 2)[dead link]
- 1999 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Tatiana 1, 2 & 3)[dead link]
- 2000 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Amanda's Diary 2)[dead link]
- 2001 AVN Award – Best Foreign Vignette Series (Private XXX)[dead link]
- 2003 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Private Gladiator)[dead link]
- 2004 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (The Scottish Loveknot)[dead link]
- 2006 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Robinson Crusoe on Sin Island)[dead link]
- 2007 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Porn Wars: Episode 1)[dead link]
- 2007 Eroticline Award - Best European Film (The Sexual Adventures of Little Red)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best BDSM Release (House of Sex and Domination)
- 2009 AVN Award – Best Foreign Feature (Jason Colt, Mystery of the Sexy Diamonds)[dead link]
- 2017 VENUS Award – Best International Label
- Morais, Richard (6 June 1999). "Porn goes public". Forbes. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Veash, Nicola (25 July 1999). "Porn hits the high street as hardcore merchants challenge big-name fashion labels". Guardian News. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Herman-Cohen, Valli (9 February 2001). "For Clothing Line, Sex Doesn't Sell--but It Does Finance". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Private Clothing Opens Fashion Boutique in Los Angeles - PRIVATE MEDIA GROUP INC". PRVT. 22 February 1999. Archived from the original on 21 April 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-20.
- "PRIVATE MEDIA GROUP ANNOUNCES LANDMARK STRATEGIC ALLIANCE WITH MARC DORCEL". Private Media Group Press Releases. Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "PRIVATE MEDIA GROUP COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF LEADING U.S. ONLINE DISTRIBUTION PLATFORM GAMELINK AND CREATES GLOBAL DIGITAL POWERHOUSE". Private Media Group Press Releases. Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "PRIVATE MEDIA GROUP Completes Acquisition Of Leading Online Distribution Platform SUREFLIX". Private Media Group Press Releases. Archived from the original on 9 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Smithberg, Allen. "Private Releases Full Media Archive on PrivateClassics.com". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Private U.S.A. Sets Release Date For Multimillion-Dollar Feature, Millionaire Archived 1 December 2007 at the Wayback Machine, AVN Media Network, 3 September 2004
- Said, Sammy (13 March 2013). "Top Adult Entertainment Companies in the World". TheRichest.com. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "AVN - Jesse Jane Named Best Actress USA at Venus Awards". Business.avn.com. 21 October 2004. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN. Archived from the original on 12 March 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2009.
- "THE 2009 AVN AWARDS WINNERS". AVN. Archived from the original on 5 March 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2009.
- "Best International Label at Venus Awards 2017 HD Videos & Porn Photos - Private Porn Sex Videos". www.private.com. Retrieved 25 April 2019.