|Priya Dutt Roncon|
Priya Dutt at Lavasa Womens Drive 2011
|Member: 14th and 15th Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Sunil Dutt|
|Succeeded by||Poonam Mahajan Rao|
|Constituency||Mumbai North Central|
28 August 1966 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Residence||Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Profession||Social worker, politician|
Priya Dutt Roncon (born 28 August 1966) is an Indian politician. She was elected for the first time to the 14th Lok Sabha from Mumbai North West constituency in Maharashtra on 22 November 2005, representing the Indian National Congress party. She represented the Mumbai North Central constituency in the 15th Lok Sabha from 2009. In the 2014 Indian general election, she was defeated by Poonam Mahajan of the BJP by a margin of around 1.86 lakh votes.
Early life and education
Priya Dutt is the daughter of the late Bollywood actor and politician Sunil Dutt and Nargis. She is of Punjabi descent. Her parents were elected to represent the Indian National Congress and her father was a government minister. She is the sister of actor Sanjay Dutt and Namrata Dutt. With her sister, she published a memoir, Mr and Mrs Dutt: Memories of our Parents, in 2007.
She received her B.A. degree in sociology from Sophia College, Mumbai University. She has a Post Graduate Diploma in television production from the Center for Media Arts, New York City, New York, United States. 
In 2004, following the death of her father, Sunil Dutt, and despite a low voter turnout, she won her seat in the Lok Sabha by a margin of 172,043 votes over the Shiv Sena candidate. Dutt received considerable media attention for this victory, partially on account of her famous family.
Since her election, Priya has been appointed secretary of the All-India Congress Committee.
After university, Dutt worked in television and video and studied at The Center for the Media Arts in New York. During and after the Mumbai riots, Dutt worked with Muslim refugees in Mumbai. She reported receiving threatening telephone calls and public harassment.
Priya married Owen Roncon on 27 November 2003. Roncon is a partner in Oranjuice Entertainment, a music promotion company, and Fountainhead Promotions & Events Pvt Ltd, a marketing firm. Roncon is a Roman Catholic from Bandra, Mumbai. She has two sons Sumair (2004) and Siddarth (2007) from this marriage.
- Mr and Mrs Dutt: Memories of our Parents, Namrata Dutt Kumar and Priya Dutt, 2007, Roli Books. ISBN 978-81-7436-455-5.
- "Priya Dutt: Quick Facts". Zee news. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- 2014 General Election Results
- "Sanjay Dutt: I thought I would take the gun to Khandala, thoda chala ke phek dunga".
- "To Mr and Mrs Dutt, with love" (review), The Hindu, 7 October 2007.
- "Poll Dance - Mumbai Mirror -". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- "Sanjay Dutt's sister marries!". BollywoodMantra. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- "Biographical Sketch Member of Parliament". Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- The Hindu, 23 November 2005.
- Biography, Priya Dutt's official website.
- Interview with Rediff.co.in, 29 November 2006.
- Times of India, 14 September 2008.
- Transcript of live chat with Priya Dutt, Times of India, 13 December 2005.
- "Priya Dutt: Following in her father's footsteps". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- "Priya Dutt,Sumair Roncon,Owen Roncon,Siddharth Roncon(L-R)". dnasyndication.com. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Priya Dutt.|