Oru Adaar Love
|Oru Adaar Love|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Omar Lulu|
|Produced by||Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy|
|Story by||Omar Lulu|
|Music by||Shaan Rahman|
|Edited by||Achu Vijayan|
Ousepachan Movie House
|Distributed by||Ousepachan Screen Media|
|145 minutes |
|Box office||₹12 crore Source_https://english.sakshi.com/entertainment/2019/03/10/oru-adaar-love-latest-box-office-collections-director-unhappy-with-priya-prakash-varrier|
Oru Adaar Love (transl. A fantastic love) is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language romantic comedy film directed by Omar Lulu. The screenplay was written by Sarang Jayaprakash and Lijo Panadan from a story by Omar Lulu, and produced by Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy under his production company Ousepachan Movie House. The film features Roshan Abdul Rahoof, Noorin Shereef, Priya Prakash Varrier, Siyadh Shajahan, Vaishak Pavanan and Michelle Ann Daniel and principal roles.
The story deals with high school romance. Oru Adaar Love gained nationwide attention due to a clip which went viral, from the song "Manikya Malaraya Poovi". It prompted the makers to make changes in script, which delayed production. The film was released on 14 February 2019. It was dubbed and released in Tamil with the same title as Malayalam title, in Kannada as Kirik Love Story and in Telugu as Lover's Day.
The story revolves around the journey of high school kids from the time they first meet during their first day of class in 11th class until their graduation day in 12th class. Roshan woos Priya with the help of Gadha and his other friends. One evening Roshan his friends get drunk and a friend of Roshan accidentally sends a porn video from Roshan's phone to the school's WhatsApp group. This causes a wedge between Roshan and Priya. Roshan and Gadha then pretend to be in love to make Priya jealous but they end up having feelings for each other. Priya approaches Roshan and says that she is o forgive him and that they can start to be in a relationship again. But Roshan is unable to forget Gadha, which comes to be known by Priya. Heartbroken, she tells Roshan that Gadha alone is the perfect for him and they end their relationship. On graduation day, Roshan decides to propose to Gadha on top of the mountain. Just as Roshan is about to propose to Gadha, they are attacked by a bunch of goons who were antagonized by Roshan and Gadha earlier as part of an eve-teasing incident. When Gadha was about to be raped and Roshan to be killed, their friends enter and save them. The movie ends with them riding away happily.
Principal members of the cast are:
- Roshan Abdul Rahoof as Roshan
- Noorin Shereef as Gadha John
- Priya Prakash Varrier as Priya Varrier
- Siyadh Shajahan as Francis E. Manavalan
- Mathew Joseph as Mathew
- Arun A Kumar as Arun
- Vaishak Pavanan as Vishakh aka 'Pavanna'
- Michelle Ann Daniel as Michelle
- Aneesh G Menon as Shibu Sir, Maths Teacher
- Hareesh Kanaran as Unmesh Sir, P. T. Teacher
- Roshna Ann Roy as Sneha Miss, Biology Teacher
- Althaf Salim as Manikandan Sir, Chemistry Teacher
- Anjali Nair as English Miss
- Pradeep Kottayam as Principal's Secretary
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Principal
- Siddique (actor) as Jose Panadan, Sub-Inspector of Police
- Sreejith Ravi as Divakaran, Constable of Police
- Salim Kumar as Manavalan
- Vishnu Govindan as the school peon
- Dilruba Aswad Alqamar as Sana
- Suhaid(Kukku) as Akku
- Kalabhavan Niyas as Gadha's father
Malayalam film producer Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy, impressed with Omar Lulu's Happy Wedding and Chunkzz decided to finance his third project, Oru Adaar Love. The primary cast was selected through audition. Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy said he likes to promote newcomers, as has he done with his previous films. After Priya Prakash Varrier's wink in the song "Manikya Malaraya Poovi" became a viral hit, the makers altered the script to give prominence to her, thus sidelining the role played by Noorin Shereef, who had initially been cast in the lead role.
The film music and score were composed by Shaan Rahman. The song "Manikya Malaraya Poovi" sung by Vineeth Sreenivasan, a revised modern version of a Mappila song, was uploaded on 9 February 2018 on YouTube as part of the promotions. It became a viral video at number 1 position garnering over one million views and 50,000 likes in 20 hours. The original version of "Manikya Malaraya Poovi" was written by P. M. A. Jabbar with music composition by Thalassery K. Refeeque in 1978.
|Oru Adaar Love|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Shaan Rahman chronology|
|1.||"Manikya Malaraya Poovi"||P. M. A. Jabbar||Vineeth Sreenivasan||3:20|
|2.||"Freak Penne"||Sathyajith||Sathyajith, Neethu Naduvathettu||3:21|
|3.||"Munnale Ponaale"||Pearle Maaney||Haricharan||3:52|
|4.||"Thanananana Penne"||B. K. Harinarayanan||Sooraj Santhosh, Sruthy Sivadas||2:47|
|5.||"Forever Friend"||Sathyajith||Sachin Warrier||3:27|
|6.||"Aarum Kaanaathinnen"||B. K. Harinarayanan||Vineeth Sreenivasan||3:00|
|7.||"Maahiya"||B. K. Harinarayanan||Hesham Abdul Wahab, Jeenu Nazeer||4:20|
As of 9 March 2019, the film has grossed more than ₹12 crore in India. It was made on a budget of ₹5 crore.
- "Oru Adaar Love" – via www.imdb.com.
- Soman, Deepa (January 2018). "Omar Lulu's next film is 'Oru Adaar Love'". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "This song from 'Oru Adaar Love' is a hit, social media go bonkers, the heroine of this movie Priya Prakash Varrier is a sensational trend on Twitter and Youtube". Malayala Manorama. 11 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Priya Varrier: The actress whose wink stopped India". BBC News. 12 March 2018 – via YouTube.
- ""Oru Adaar Love" reshoot to increase length of Character". 9 April 2018.
- "Priya Prakash Varrier's Kannada dubbed version of 'Oru Adaar love' to release on valentine's day", Times of India, 1 February 2019
- "Allu Arjun to be special guest at 'Lover's Day' audio launch". The Newsminute. 22 January 2019. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- Shrijith, Sajin (17 December 2018). "Trolling worked to our advantage, says 'Oru Adaar Love' producer Ousepachan Vaalakuzhy". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "ഒമര് ചിത്രത്തെ ഞാന് കാണുന്നത് ഒരു പ്രസ്റ്റീജ്യസ് സിനിമയായി- നിര്മ്മാതാവ് ഔസേപ്പച്ചന് അഭിമുഖം". South Live. 14 January 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Priya Prakash Varrier's viral wink sidelined my lead role, claims 'Oru Adaar Love' actress Noorin Shereef". The Times of India.
- Manoj Kumar R (13 February 2018). G.S VASU (ed.). "I wanted Vineeth Sreenivasan's voice to be the highlight of Manikya Malaraya Poovi: Oru Adaar Love composer Shaan". The New Indian Express. India. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- Express Web desk (14 February 2018). G.S VASU (ed.). "Here is the story behind Manikya Malaraya Poovi and the man who wrote it". The New Indian Express. India. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. (14 February 2019). "Oru Adaar Love (OAL) movie review and rating by audience: Live updates". International Business Times. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Oru Adaar Love: A perfect film for Valentine's Day". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Narayanan, Nirmal (9 March 2019). "Omar Lulu lashes out at Priya Prakash Varrier, says he is not in touch with actress". International Business Times, India Edition.